when are manufacturers going to make AV Recievers with dedicated left and right stereo amps for hifi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
hey guys , so I have a very very good , top tier award winning av reciever,5 stars from WHF ! ) and it sounds ok or good apart from the fact that it has no low end energy which sucks, I have to tune my velodyen ,an award winning subwoofer, EISA 2008, to 40hz to allow my Image 412's to sing.

So can I please get some info from you guys , things are changing with regards to what i may do to upgrade improve my system but im thinking of adding a better DAC in to chain and i want ti know that if do ,will the Nuforce UDH100 or Dragonfly1.2 bypass the inboard DAC and allow the new DAc to be used and hopefully hear better info , better bass and midrange treble etc.

Please let me know if y=that is what asynconous means, bypassing !? the nuforce is supposed to be great as is the dragonfly!those are the only 2 im looking at but i am also considering the Oppo HA-2 as its portable and uses the 9018 ess k DAC which is highly regarded.Can that DAC be hooked up to a hifi system av reciever?

Thankyou guys

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Esra said:
Well i think you would have clearly distinguished the different amps with better revealing speakers.If it would have sound "better" and worth the money is an other story.Most impact on sound have speakers and yes you can also get really enjoyable sound out of an AVR nowadays too.If I would not know better i could easily be very happy just with my AVR too which was quite affordable <1k.Imo the future are digital amps with dsp and decent room correction software.I am sure it is possible to create every possible sound signature with that with flawless tec. measurements and eco. power consumption.

Always love this reply. :|

Yep, the speakers were only £900 new. Not high end, but good mid-range imo. I still use them and I would reiterate that they sound just great on the end of a budget AV amp.

Any time I recommend amps, I now recommend AV. Way better value and just as good at amplifying a signal, which is after all, what an amp is meant to do.

Upgrading an amp to improve a system is usually a lesson in futility imo, unless the amp is not powerful enough in the first place.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps £5000.00 speakers will reveal differences between a £500.00 AV amp and £500.00 stereo amp.

But, if your total budget for source, amp and speakers is £2000.00 then its a moot point.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
FennerMachine said:
Perhaps £5000.00 speakers will reveal differences between a £500.00 AV amp and £500.00 stereo amp.

But, if your total budget for source, amp and speakers is £2000.00 then its a moot point.

Not to sure about that.

My Yamaha rx-a1020 £1k does not sound has good as the Rotel ra-1520.

Noticeable through Mission 782se - 'softer' bass a rounded top end. It just did not sound as good in stereo as the other amps it was compared to.

Honestly if it was my only option for music I would not be satisfied.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What I said was a generalisation.

I owned Mission 782's, not se models.

They supposedly sound better with better amplification, so could show differences between amps.

Mine also sounded different with different amplifiers – Cyrus, Quad, Denon.

They are 6ohm nominal but unsure about minimum impedance.

Perhaps your Rotel can handle the impedance better, giving it more control.

The 782 is also a 3-way speaker, so it may need a more capable amp.

The exception that proves the rule!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts