Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Steve983

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My personal opinion is sonically it won't be an upgrade just a sideways move. If you want a real upgrade you'll need to spend more and look further up the range. However, if you just want the 6007 for it's digital connections there are cheaper ways of doing it. Don't get too hung-up on hi-res, the actual recording quality is the where it matters most.
I think you are right. Although I've had the CD6004 for 12 years it still sounds great and I can listen to High Res via my Sony Blu Ray and Cambridge Audio DAC which sounds excellent. I can certainly hear 24 bit stereo sounding better than CD but not always. As you say it very much depends on the original recording. It would be more convenient to be able to listen to FLAC/Hi Res on the CD player too but maybe not worth the money for that alone.

Reactions: DougK1
New headshell is next - an Audio Technica LH11-H which I'll shortly be ordering.

I intend to upgrade my phono stage later this year too. I will be buying a Big Bottle BB3.
I remember looking at headshells after getting my Technics last year, and found it surprisingly difficult to get the weight/mass information. Many were much heavier than the supplied item, which doubtless dates me to the era before CD when low-mass was king!

I’m sure I never got rid of my magnesium ADC headshell which was super. But I’m blowed if I can find it. They now sell for huge sums on eBay. Mine even came with a nice plastic case that holds 3 or 4 headshells.

Reactions: Revolutions

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
A second Auris BluMe LDAC receiver. Bought it for myself to stream from my phone internet radio stations and Deezer because the Denon's HiFi set is more limited in radio stations and Deezer functionality.
My husband has a Luxman amp and huge floorstanders he built himself many years ago. They are in the living room but little used because there is no connection to the digital world... do I dedcided we could use a second device to breathe new life into his old but high quality system.

oxidising

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
I've just bought a Yamaha A-S500 second hand on eBay. Now I'm looking for some good speakers to go with it. I'm thinking maybe the Dali Opticon 2 MkII as I've got a pair of Dali Oberon 5s which are nice.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS