What's the preference Evo 75/150 or Uniti Atom, then which bookshelf/standmount speakers are best paired with it

Jezza60

Dec 7, 2021
Visit site
I want it simply for TV and Tidal, I like indie & slow core, wifey requires compactness and it needs to be confident at lowish volumes. I like clarity, refinement and definition with good balance, I don't need system to be very muscular or bass heavy. Doubt I'd be allowed stands! Money not the greatest issue, but want to keep it sensible otherwise TV budget impacted. I will of course audition, but wanted to get my options down to a meaningful few.

Last edited:
I want it simply for TV and Tidal, I like indie & slow core, wifey requires compactness and it needs to be confident at lowish volumes. I like clarity, refinement and definition with good balance, I don't need system to be very muscular or bass heavy. Doubt I'd be allowed stands! Money not the greatest issue, but want to keep it sensible otherwise TV budget impacted
I'll let others comment on the amps but would just say you're unlikely to get everything you want from a speaker of you cannot place it optimally so little point in spending out big money on these.
small floorstanders can take up less space than a standmount on a stand. If you cannot have stands where are speakers likely to be situated?

Jezza60

Dec 7, 2021
Visit site
I'll let others comment on the amps but would just say you're unlikely to get everything you want from a speaker of you cannot place it optimally so little point in spending out big money on these.
small floorstanders can take up less space than a standmount on a stand. If you cannot have stands where are speakers likely to be situated?
Likely on a unit fixed to the wall, about 1.2m apart 0.8 - 0.9 m high. Mag says the Spendor 4/5 are not overly fussy?

robdmarsh

I want it simply for TV and Tidal, I like indie & slow core, wifey requires compactness and it needs to be confident at lowish volumes. I like clarity, refinement and definition with good balance, I don't need system to be very muscular or bass heavy. Doubt I'd be allowed stands! Money not the greatest issue, but want to keep it sensible otherwise TV budget impacted. I will of course audition, but wanted to get my options down to a meaningful few.
For speakers, the Triangle Titus EZ are a wonderful little stand mounter whose bass is punchy for their size. They look googeous too, high WAF in my book. At the mo on eBay there a white pair going for £499 and I received a private message offering a price of £459 so why not go and haggle? I don't think you'd be disappointed judging by the sound you say you are after. These have recently gone up to £899 new on Premium sound website!

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Likely on a unit fixed to the wall, about 1.2m apart 0.8 - 0.9 m high. Mag says the Spendor 4/5 are not overly fussy?

there a difference between un-fussy and not being ideally place at all.

you will have a better experience with Sonys latest and greatest place anywhere speaker’s forget what there called. But they are truly place anywhere

manicm

There's an alternative to the Evo and Uniti - the Roksan Atessa Streaming amp, should be slightly cheaper than the Evo 75 too.

Only drawbacks are the lack of HDMI and the size which may not suit your wife. You can connect the TV via optical though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts