Whats the difference between Cyrus 8SE and Cyrus 8SE 2010 model?

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the 8SE and the 8SE 2010 model? I can see the 2010 model has a different slot loading mechanism, but are there any other improvements? Ie, does the newer version sound any different?

Thanks.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
No, I think that was it, the slot loading mechanism was designed to prevent CD jams. I have only experienced one jam with my 6SE in 9 months but this disc was dirty when I did eventually retrieve it and I learnt my lesson.

A

Anonymous

It's probably not worth paying double for the difference unless you burn a lot of your own CD's or like unusual music that is available on out of spec CDs. Of course you could be unluky and get one that swallows CDs.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
angelface59:It's probably not worth paying double for the difference unless you burn a lot of your own CD's or like unusual music that is available on out of spec CDs. Of course you could be unluky and get one that swallows CDs.

Fair points, I dont burn any of my own CDs, purely bought CDs only! I should clarify that the 1/2 price of the newer version one is second hand.

FrankHarveyHiFi:

The visual display was updated too.

In what way David - to make it look better, or work better!?

TRENDING THREADS