Question What's the best source for Hugo TT

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I used to feed my Hugo TT with a PC. But recently I found a portable player KANN is a better choice.

So my question is what's the most affordable source for Hugo TT?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.
Anything digital I suppose, depends where you are storing / accessing your data.
Define "affordable", as the A&K Kann is not exactly that cheap and can be bettered for the price.
More information required as to what sources of media you plan to use with the Hugo.
I mean you could just attach an old CD player.....

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
The difference between PC and KANN really suprises me which fits the KANN review from Whathifi as a DAC.
I connect it to both Hugo and Hugo TT whereas I feel the Hugo is better .
Maybe because it not a "table top" device? I am not sure.

The difference between PC and KANN really suprises me which fits the KANN review from Whathifi as a DAC.
I connect it to both Hugo and Hugo TT whereas I feel the Hugo is better .
Maybe because it not a "table top" device? I am not sure.
If it's simply a drive for pushing through data to the TT does it matter whether it's portable or not. I still use my Onkyo X-1 for this purpose when at home.
Perhaps if you are ever going to add more sources or stream music then something like the Melco N100 digital library starts to make more sense.

useryy

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
If it's simply a drive for pushing through data to the TT does it matter whether it's portable or not. I still use my Onkyo X-1 for this purpose when at home.
Perhaps if you are ever going to add more sources or stream music then something like the Melco N100 digital library starts to make more sense.
For pushing through data to the TT, It matters, as the difference between PC(with foobar2k) and KANN.

I prefer only some dff or dsf files, not others. I only need a device for "pushing through data". So in your opinion, I don't have to do more. Is it right?

For pushing through data to the TT, It matters, as the difference between PC(with foobar2k) and KANN.

I prefer only some dff or dsf files, not others. I only need a device for "pushing through data". So in your opinion, I don't have to do more. Is it right?
In my opinion no. If the Kann has the right amount of storage, and I know the size of .dsf files, and does everything you want as a transport then I see no point in upgrading for the sake of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts