whats more important , speakers or amp ???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Both ! *diablo*

Agreed.

In my experience, If you have a great Amp and mediocre speakers, the speakers won't do your Amp justice.

If you have a mediocre Amp and great speakers, the speakers will tell you very accurately how mediocre your Amp is.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion both are important

you need the right amplifier to control your speakers and its pointless buying a very good amplifier if your got a cheap £100 pair of speakers it's not going to make them sound like a £2000 pair .

different size speakers give different results the technology involved in good quality speakers goes a long way and we also have different frequency involved too bigger drivers give different results you need a good sonic match all to Taylor the sound to give you a more realistic sound so both amplifier and the speakers play there parts together .

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
"whats more important , speakers or amp ???"With feedback and experience. Speakers and Room are the most important factors. Amps simply need to have correct power reserves for pushing the speakers correctly. Few examples :Complete Accuphase chain with two power blocks on B&W 802D2 -> Good sound
Complete budget Nad Chain on B&W 802D2 -> Bad sound Complete Accuphase chain with two power blocks on PMC Fact8 -> Good soundComplete budget Nad Chain on PMC Fact 8 -> Good sound 4K £ Audio Research amplifier on ATC SCM50 -> Bad Sound80 Euros Mixing console out with studio amplifier from Lab Gruppen -> Good Sound

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts