What's da deal with Harbeth?

Some speakers aren’t as immediately impressive as some others, which tend to be the ones that get better reviews. Some reviewers may have limited time to get a review together, so this doesn’t help a speaker where that is the case. Some mags tend to have favourites, and likewise, some they dislike for whatever reason.

Some manufacturers who are achieving a certain level of business are quite happy as they are without the need for reviews.

insider9

I think it's fair to say that by volume crap is more popular with most than quality product. Reviews would be helpful. Any reviewer who can't spend quality time with the item he's reviewing shouldn't be writing reviews. Equally products shouldn't need a year to be appreciated.

Reactions: davidf
I think it's fair to say that by volume crap is more popular with most than quality product. Reviews would be helpful. Any reviewer who can't spend quality time with the item he's reviewing shouldn't be writing reviews. Equally products shouldn't need a year to be appreciated.
I agree, but some speakers do need time, and can’t be appreciated in short periods of time. A few days solid listening should be fine, but I remember it talking about 2 months for me to appreciate what the old Spendor A5s were doing (not a constant 2 months, obviously). Anyone who doesn’t understand what a particular speaker design is doing, shouldn’t be reviewing them - sadly, it happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts