WhatHiFi Editors Please Help !!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am setting up my home theatre. Would like it to sound good for music too, which I listen to a wide variety. Specifically, if I have to choose between Pioneer LX83 and Arcam AVR600 what would you suggest? Also, in my town, very few speaker brands are available - Dali, B&W, Monitor Audio and KEF. If I go with LX83, will the RX6 package suit? Or should I go with Ikon6 Mk2 or CM series? If I were to spend a little more to get AVR600, will RX6 suffice? Or should I stretch to PL200s, PLC150, B&WPV1/RXW12 and RXFX/GSFX. Please also suggest a good BDP for this set up. (Room size- Viewing distance 12ft. Width - 20ft. Height - 12 ft. Open access to stairwell.)

I'm not a "What Hi-Fi Editor", but if you want to consider my input:

1) The Arcam AVR600 is definitely superior to the Pioneer LX83, especially with music. But it depends on your listening preferences. You may prefer the forward sounding performance with movies of the LX83.

2) The RX6 package will beautifully suit with LX83. You can even look at comparable receivers from Yamaha & Denon.

3) To get the most out of the Arcam AVR600, Monitor Audio Platinums will suit better than the RX6 series. You can even consider Arcam AVR500 which is cheaper than its elder sibling, to put the extra money on the speakers.

4) Blu-ray player, really depends on your budget. But looking at the rest of your system, Arcam BDP100 will match nicely with the Arcam receiver. There are good deals currently on the Arcam AVR500 + BDP100 combination. The upcoming Denon 2011UD is another to consider (obviously I haven't seen this player yet).

I can't comment on the Dalis or the B&W options because I haven't heard them, except for the PV1 which is excellent.

Definitely demo your options before making a purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts