what would you change?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello to everyone,

i am looking to make some changes to setup. i would like to get more warmer sound with less brightness.

what would you suggest to change?

my curent setup is cd CA-640a v2 amp CA-540a v2 speakers b&w cdm7se, ca pacific interconnect, gale symphony speaker cable.

any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

A

Anonymous

Although I don't know the CA kit well, I did go to a demo with my Mum when she recently got a budget system and neither of us especially liked the CA stuff and she came away with NAD in the end..... all a personal preference in this game ....

That said, you must have liked it at some point I imagine - have you moved rooms/house or just find that what may have initially been exciting is not enjoyable over longer periods etc.....

AND ... what's your budget for this change/upgrade?

A

Anonymous

it took me thrree months to get the best out of the system. originally the system was set up with ms 914i speakers which sounded too bright. after a while it startded to be tiring to listen. changed the speakers which was huge improovment. after a year i know i am missing something. i can spend £400 on upgrades if nessecary. as i havent got much experience with audio equipment i thought of asking you guys about your opinions before buying anything.

idc

papasmurf:

it took me thrree months to get the best out of the system.

Hi papasmurf. When you say the above do you include how your listen room is setup and where you sit to listen? Have you tried moving your speakers closer to and further away from the walls and making sure you sit at the sweet spot between the speakers. If your system sounds too bright, do you live in a sparsly furnished room with a wooden floor where the speakers sit near a window? If such is the case then that will explain the sound and room accoustics need to change with rugs, curtains and the like. Your answer could lie there without having to spend any money.

caddyhound

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
If your equipment is on glass shelves,try putting it on some isolation platforms,torlyte etc or changing to wood shelves.I found that when I changed from a metal /glass rack to a torlyte one it got rid of that glassy sound that means you can only listen for short periods.It's very difficult to judge how warm a sound is in showrooms but you can often get excellent advice from retailers on some of the forums.Good luck.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
papasmurf:
hello to everyone,

i am looking to make some changes to setup. i would like to get more warmer sound with less brightness.

what would you suggest to change?

my curent setup is cd CA-640a v2 amp CA-540a v2 speakers b&w cdm7se, ca pacific interconnect, gale symphony speaker cable.

any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

It's a known fact that CA amps and CDP's are on the bright side of neutral. Reviews in WHF confirm this. The B&W cdm7se also tend to be a bit on the lean side, so its no wonder that your system sounds a bit too bright. Changing the electronics would make the biggest difference, maybe something like the Nad 545BEE and Nad 326BEE would bring about a bit more warmth to the sound.

A

Anonymous

due to akward room layout (firepalce,windowbay,two door leading to room) it has taken me this long to set this up and convince the OH. speakers are meter from walls, toed in for a sweet spot,all furnished.

one thing i might try is to move equipment from glass shelves.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts