What would be a fair price to ask for my Mordaunt-Short speakers?

Geekomatic

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all- new member here!

I have another set of speakers which I prefer & which look better in my living room, so I'm thinking of just selling these off. I was going to set them aside for one of my kids, but they don't really seem as into it as Mum is- lol. I have the Avant set:

1x MS-309W sub

2x MS-903S

2x MS-914

1x MS-905C

What would you think is a fair price? I thought of selling them w/o the sub & just keeping that. These are the light wood veneer with black grills & silver accents. They're very nice looking- especially w/o the grills on.

They're all in very good condition- a few tiny nicks but not noticeable unless you get right on top & put your nose on them. I bought them 2nd-hand &, afterwards (when looking for a manual, etc), I noticed photos where the stand speakers (MS-914) had these little spikes under them. Mine only have the silver feet- which I love the look of- it reminds me of the USA 1920's "Art Deco" period.

So, what do you think? I'm in Australia, if that helps or means anything as far as pricing.

Cheers everyone!

Geekomatic said:
Hi all- new member here!

I have another set of speakers which I prefer & which look better in my living room, so I'm thinking of just selling these off. I was going to set them aside for one of my kids, but they don't really seem as into it as Mum is- lol. I have the Avant set:

1x MS-309W sub

2x MS-903S

2x MS-914

1x MS-905C

What would you think is a fair price? I thought of selling them w/o the sub & just keeping that. These are the light wood veneer with black grills & silver accents. They're very nice looking- especially w/o the grills on.

They're all in very good condition- a few tiny nicks but not noticeable unless you get right on top & put your nose on them. I bought them 2nd-hand &, afterwards (when looking for a manual, etc), I noticed photos where the stand speakers (MS-914) had these little spikes under them. Mine only have the silver feet- which I love the look of- it reminds me of the USA 1920's "Art Deco" period.

So, what do you think? I'm in Australia, if that helps or means anything as far as pricing.

Cheers everyone!

Welcome to the forum Geekomatic.

I'd like to be able to give you a figure but unfortunately I cannot. I's nothing to do with you living in Australia (and not knowing initial purchase price) but, as ever, it is the old saying that 'they are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them'.

Your best bet, to get some sort of idea, is to look on eBay and see if you can find similar then search as to past selling prices on that website.

If it's any help I would imagine you'll have better luck selling them as a complete system i.e. with the subwoofer included.

Geekomatic

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have tried ebay but nothing like this is there...I understand worth is equal to demand- I just don't want to (ignorantly) let them go stupidly cheap whilst not wanting to ask too much. From the reviews (& from listening myself) they're a very nice set of speakers.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

:)

Geekomatic said:
Yes, I have tried ebay but nothing like this is there...I understand worth is equal to demand- I just don't want to (ignorantly) let them go stupidly cheap whilst not wanting to ask too much. From the reviews (& from listening myself) they're a very nice set of speakers.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

:)

If you've some idea as to what they cost new then you'd probably get half to that or slightly more if you can locate a buyer.

Having said that the price of some speakers appear to have slumped dramatically lately.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Start your auction at half the brand new price in Australia or whatever you paid for them when you bought them used. See what happens. You can always lower the starting price if you don't get any bites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts