What were your hifi and electronic gadget purchases of 2013?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
My purchade in 2013 :

Proac Studio 140MK2 - Exellent speakers . significant improvement than the Mission MX5 .

Rotel RC1580 [PRE AMP] & Rotel RB1582 [POWER AMP] instead of my Roksan Kandy K2 .more power and more quality .

Tellurium Q Black speaker cables and Ultra Black RCA interconnects overpowering effect on my system : more bass , more details and huge soundstage .

WireWorld Stratus 7 power conditioning cords instead the no name cheap ones supllied by the manufacturs . the sound is more clear and transparent , a great value for money .

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Leeps said:
tommie_boi said:
Creek Evolution 50A - for sale on ebay, not happy with rock

Epos Epic 2 - as good as my old Revel M22, stunning speakers

Yamaha R-N500 - what an amp, superb bass, matches Epos better than Creek, loads of inputs plus Air Play onboard, revelation

Musical Fidelity EB33 - great earphones

Musical Fidelity MF100 - great headphones, sound and look fantastic

B&W P7 - not for me, Koss Portapro are more fun than these overrated headphones

Cambridge Audio Minx Go - excellent for what it is, great battery life

Beyerdynamic Custom Pro - look P7 above, the best thing about'em is their built quality

Denon A-Hd600 - i will not comment, i think i had fakes, unless they are that bad...

Looks an interesting product. Didn't know it existed until you pointed it out. I'm surprised there aren't more like this - the convienience and features of a typical 'bells and whistles' AV receiver (DLNA, Airplay, control app, internet radio etc), but with the emphasis on stereo sound quality. For those who listen to music more than watch movies, this is an ideal solution. Well sniffed out!

A mini review would be nice! Sound balance across the frequency range? Ease of use of control app? Any technical hitches? Suggested speaker partners?

PS - There seems to be a rumour that the Yammy may have the facility of Spotify Connect via a firmware update. Seems like it was going to be November, then maybe January. Would be interested to know as and when this arrives? That would really be the icing on the cake on the feature list. A really well-rounded product worth a listen.

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Cyrus 8 DAC. Really loved it when I bought it after auditioning Rega, Audiolab, Naim, Linn and a few others. However my wife just played Russell Watson's latest at window shaking volume and, whilst not being on my listening radar, I am smiling Cheshire cat style thinking that this may be my best HiFi buy ever. Totally gorgeous.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
I started 2013 with a Stream Magic 6 and WD MyBook Live 2TB, added a long USB cable for plugging the laptop into and then spent months and months tweaking my music library so that it would actually work! it now works perfectly (and sounds superb) and I'm building my collection of hi-res music.

in July my satellite dish or cabling developed a fault so I ditched my Humax Freesat box for a YouView HD version and went back to the aerial - a brilliant upgrade for not much more than the cost of a dish repair!

Finally in November ditched the CD player in favour of a universal player which has worked out well except that it's not silver for the WAF

It's been a busy year! Just thinking about ATV now for streaming Spotify premium from the iPad, then that's it for now!

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 7 then returned it the next day. Exchanged that for an iPad Mini, which I no longer use. Have now gone back to the familiar laptop.

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Now that 2013 is well behind us I can finally list my purchases (most done in December, I moved to a new house in September):

- 1*ADAM Sub7 subwoofer

- 2*ADAM ARTist 6 floorstanders (should be home tomorrow)

- 1*Matrix Mini-i Pro DAC (not yet delivered)

- 1*SONOS Connect (not yet delivered)

- 1*Lead Foot FS-1 footswitch (for the Sub7)

- 2*Cordial CPM FM-Flex XLR cables

-1*Bose QuietComfort 15 [I took more than 20 long-haul flights between September and December (around 170 hours), they are awesome]

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
PEAYEL said:
Cyrus 8 DAC. Really loved it when I bought it after auditioning Rega, Audiolab, Naim, Linn and a few others. However my wife just played Russell Watson's latest at window shaking volume and, whilst not being on my listening radar, I am smiling Cheshire cat style thinking that this may be my best HiFi buy ever. Totally gorgeous.

Feel the same about my 6dac. Could rave about its punch and clarity all day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts