What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 371 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
BadBadNotGood – IV
Laughing Clowns – Laughter Around The Table
Jenny Hval – Blood *****
Little Feat – Dixie Chicken
Mighty Dub Katz – Just Another Groove 12"
We Were Promised Jetpacks – Unravelling
Neu! – Neu!

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Cooly G – Playin' Me
New Order – They Came... We Saw... Their Music Conquered (live, Perth, Aus, 14 Dec 1982)
David Bowie – Low
Daughter – If You Leave
Congo Natty – Jungle Revolution

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Come whatever may.

this is one hell of a rock album.

Released on double gold marble vinyl, with some acoustic extras.

Absolutely amazing.

Never heard of them. Will check it out
thumbs_up.gif

Freddy58 said:
bigfish786 said:
Come whatever may.

this is one hell of a rock album.

Released on double gold marble vinyl, with some acoustic extras.

Absolutely amazing.

Never heard of them. Will check it out

Same vocalist as Slipknot, only a more melodic style, and one of the guitarists, though he's since left.

they have released some really good albums over the years, and most of them are now available on vinyl. but Come what(ever) may is a good place to start.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The Waterboys – This Is The Sea
Warpaint – Heads Up
Wolf Alice – My Love Is Cool
Tom Waits – The Mule Variations

Didn't particularly plan to play records beginning with W, but it happened.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd work through the 'big music' trilogy:
The Waterboys – The Waterboys
The Waterboys – A Pagan Place
The Waterboys – This Is The Sea
then:
Gang of Four – Solid Gold
Grimes – Art Angels
Los Chicharróns – When The Sun Goes Down ...
Holger Czukay – On The Way To The Peak Of Normal
Jah Wobble, The Edge, Holger Czukay – Snake Charmer
John Chibadura and Sungura Boys – Kugarika Tangenhamo
Soul II Soul – Club Classics Vol. I
Can – Tago Mago (disc 1 only)

thescarletpronster said:
Thought I'd work through the 'big music' trilogy:The Waterboys – The WaterboysThe Waterboys – A Pagan PlaceThe Waterboys – This Is The Seathen:Gang of Four – Solid GoldGrimes – Art AngelsLos Chicharróns – When The Sun Goes Down ...Holger Czukay – On The Way To The Peak Of NormalJah Wobble, The Edge, Holger Czukay – Snake CharmerJohn Chibadura and Sungura Boys – Kugarika TangenhamoSoul II Soul – Club Classics Vol. ICan – Tago Mago (disc 1 only)

Out of that lot I can only profess to know the Waterboys and Can. Must be my repressed upbringing. ;-)

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't possibly comment, Al!

Holger Czukay was the bass player from Can, and The Edge from U2, of course. So you can tick another couple off. And Jah Wobble worked for many years with John Lydon from the Sex PIstols. The others are maybe a bit more obscure, apart from the wonderful Soul II Soul, I can't excuse not knowing them! Here's their most famous track. Soul II Soul – Back To Life

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
These are bringing back memories of nights at the Marquee and Middle Earth:

The Nice - Ars Longa Vita Brevis. The lyrics to 'Daddy Where Did I Come From' a bit cringeworthy these days but crank up 'Intermezzo from the Karelia Suite' and it still raises hairs on the back of the neck.

Also playing, Nice, with the live set at Fillmore East.

6and8 said:
These are bringing back memories of nights at the Marquee and Middle Earth:

The Nice - Ars Longa Vita Brevis. The lyrics to 'Daddy Where Did I Come From' a bit cringeworthy these days but crank up 'Intermezzo from the Karelia Suite' and it still raises hairs on the back of the neck.

Also playing, Nice, with the live set at Fillmore East.

That's weird. Just got the Nice Live at Filmore East..... but on CD unfortunately. ;-)

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Grimes – Art Angels
Hawkwind – Warriors on the Edge of Time
The Fall – Perverted by Language
The Cat Empire – Rising with the Sun
J Boogie's Dubtronic Science – J Boogie's Dubtronic Science

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
NOTE: This album was an incredibly tight fit on the spindle of my deck and required the use of a carefully applied round file.....

I haven't had to do that for a few years - quite a regular occurrence in the late 80s.

Patty Griffin – Servant of Love
Julia Holter – Have You in My Wilderness
Kate Bush – The Sensual World
Sly & The Family Stone – Fresh!
Roxy Music – Siren

thescarletpronster said:
Al ears said:
NOTE: This album was an incredibly tight fit on the spindle of my deck and required the use of a carefully applied round file.....

I haven't had to do that for a few years - quite a regular occurrence in the late 80s.

Patty Griffin – Servant of LoveJulia Holter – Have You in My WildernessKate Bush – The Sensual WorldSly & The Family Stone – Fresh!Roxy Music – Siren

Yes, it's the first I have had for a good few years.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If I remember correctly, I used to use a screwdriver inserted into the whole, twist about and let the widening tip slowly grind away the sides of the hole. A round file sounds a muchbetter idea!

Rick Wakemans 'Piano Portraits'.

This one will tell you if your system is set-up nicely. If it can do piano realistically it's going places. ;-)

I should also like to add the digital download voucher that comes with this LP is access to every track in .wav format and not the usual MP3. Brilliant it is .:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts