What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 369 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I definitely recommend Fela Kuti if you don't know his music. Not particularly that album, though. Irma Thomas is excellent 60s southern soul; Warpaint current indie, and Third World All Stars 70s dub reggae.

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Being a Beatles fan I bought it when I was 12 years old in 1972, I listened to it once and its been in storage ever since. Having just cleaned all my old records with a Knosti Disco Antistat I thought i would give it another go. It's going back into storage!

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Bruce Springsteen 'High Hopes'

1F4FC6A0-C253-446A-BB00-C86959BE95EF_zpshirmecq3.jpg

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been posting for a while, for various reasons but I remember one of the reasons I did stop was because I was bored typing a post, collecting a photo, saving the post yet to be told that I've triggered the spam filter !

The latest example tonight was this 'contentious' entry,

Warpaint 'Exquisite Corpse' E.P. No dodgy art work, no dodgy words like Fuc*, Bastar*, Pis*flaps or even Spun*wad. ( For any Trump supporters - In case you can't crack my indecipherable code - it's *k, d, s, k ) So why is it automatically rejected ?

In the past I've had posts rejected possibly because certain words, either in the bands name or titles may trigger the system to automatically 'red flag' entries such as Se* Gang Children, Dead Kennedys 'Na*i Punks Fuc* Off' ( *x & z, k ) or AC/DCs 'She's Got Ball*'. I've even complied with the 'If you do not agree with this' message/ email to no avail.

Sort it out mods, please. It's a real pain in the ars* !

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Savoy Brown - 'Looking In' album. A rare find.

Also dug out a few boxes of old 45s from the attic, I'm on the Decca box at the mo: The Poets - Now We're Thru, The Mojos - Everything's Alright, The Zombies - Tell Her No, Rolling Stones - Stoned, Marianne Faithfull - Come And Stay With Me, Dave Berry - Don't Gimme No Lip Child, The Birds - No Good Without You Baby

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Ravel - Piano Concerto in G Major / Concerto in D Major For Left Hand (Julius Katchen / LSO / Istvan Kertesz)

Haydn - String Quartet Op. 76 No. 3 'Emperor' / String Quartet Op. 76 No. 4 'Sunrise' (Aeolian String Quartet)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
knaithrover said:
Leonard Cohen : The Future

Funily enough so am I, and So you like it darker but that's on CD......

Been listening a lot to The Future in the last few weeks along with So you Like it Darker. I could feel his passing coming and bitterly regret not seeing him live.... I must have played my beloved vinyl copy of Greatest Hits at least a million times in the 80's - a real desert islands disc for me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts