What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 362 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
thescarletpronster said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I'm unsure............ummmmmmmmmm........ No or f*** off? No or f*** off? ummmmmmm...........NO! *wink*

Very diplomatic of you, sir!

How about 'Bits 'n' Pieces', suggesting an esoteric mix without sounding too serious.

There's a track by Pram called 'Loose Threads', which sounds like an idea.

'Loose Threads' sounds like some radio 4 programme involving a bunch of fashionistas talking nonsense about clothes. Sorry I have no idea or proposal.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
'Loose Threads' sounds like some radio 4 programme involving a bunch of fashionistas talking nonsense about clothes.

Perfect! That's what the show's going to be. *biggrin*

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School Of Medicine "The Audacity Of Hype" LP (2009)

Maybe the best album Jello's done since the DKs broke up IMHO.

2F75FE40-05EA-407A-B442-EEDDD441B909_zpsksnegep6.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
stevebrock said:
Talk Talk - Colour of Spring 

one of my best sounding LPs

...t's a beautifully recorded lp. I can't get it off my turntable. Wonderful record. 
'It's My Life' is worth a punt if you see it cheap somewhere, Jim.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
stevebrock said:

...t's a beautifully recorded lp. I can't get it off my turntable. Wonderful record.

Thanks, BBB. Yes, I'll get a copy if I see it. I don't think it will be too hard to track down. Cheers!

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Talk Talk 'The Colour Of Spring'. Just about worn it out.

Sutherland Brothers+ Quiver: 'Lifeboat'. US version, apparently. Hmm.

Sutherland Brothers+ Quiver: 'Dream Kid'.

Juliana Hatfield Three: 'Become What You Are'. Should always have a mention in any list of great guitar records as should anything by Lush. Imo, of course.

The Lemonheads: 'Car Button Cloth'.

John Martyn: 'The Tumbler'.

John Coltrane:'Soultrane'.

Frank Sinatra:' Songs For Swingin' Lovers!'

Bill Evans Trio: 'Explorations'. + 'Moon Beams'.

Santana: 'The Third Album'.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Thanks, BBB. Yes, I'll get a copy if I see it. I don't think it will be too hard to track down. Cheers!

There's a track called 'Call In The Night Boy', which is good, but unfortunately a friend of mine put the idea in my head that the lyrics sounded like 'Colin's A Nice Boy' and now I can't listen to it without hearing that line.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone put that line into your head, Jim. *biggrin*

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

There's a track called 'Call In The Night Boy', which is good, but unfortunately a friend of mine put the idea in my head that the lyrics sounded like 'Colin's A Nice Boy' and now I can't listen to it without hearing that line.

It's ok...I'm always singing the wrong words to pop songs...usually rude ones. I will hunt down and listen to 'Colin's A Nice Boy' immediately.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
stevebrock said:

I'm starting to favour 'Spirit of Eden' myself after years obsessing over 'Laughing Stock' and in particular the song 'New Grass'

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I've very recently been asked to do a community radio show

I had a meeting today with the station manager, and it looks likely that I'll be doing a show once a week, playing whatever I want. *wacko*

It's still unclear when the station will be up and running again, as the new building they have is in need of quite a lot of work, and they're struggling for funds to get all the work done. http://crmk.co.uk/

They have a crowdfunding page here, but as anyone else got any ideas about raising some money quite quickly?

I've also got to think of a name for the show, but nothing original is coming to mind.

Adventures In Stereo

Hypnotherapy

Sonic Adventures

All pretty crap, I'm sure you'll agree. Actually, I like the first one, but there was a band called Adventures In Stereo in the 90s, and I think there a record label with that name now, so I'm not sure I can use it.

I have a name, 'The Weird & The Wonderful'.

Don't try and talk me out of it, it's decided. *aggressive*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

It's ok...I'm always singing the wrong words to pop songs...usually rude ones. I will hunt down and listen to 'Colin's A Nice Boy' immediately.

I played most of the album today, and it's not awful, infact, it's quite good on the whole, but there's atleast one track you should avoid at all cost.

DizzyPenguin

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
knaithrover said:
I'm starting to favour 'Spirit of Eden' myself after years obsessing over 'Laughing Stock' and in particular the song 'New Grass'

Both are awesome albums. Much better than any of the poppy stuff they released. I've had both albums on CD for years... makes for great late night listening in the dark!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I have a name, 'The Weird & The Wonderful'.

Don't try and talk me out of it, it's decided. *aggressive*

How about 'Wired and Weird'?

I know you've decided, but frankly I don't care. [insert sticky out tongue thing here]

Cow-Stick-out-your-tongue_art.jpg

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
DizzyPenguin said:
knaithrover said:

Both are awesome albums. Much better than any of the poppy stuff they released. I've had both albums on CD for years... makes for great late night listening in the dark!

Agreed, both have a similar vibe although the latter is more abstract to my ears. Laughing Stock was required listening back in the days I used to work nightshirts, perfect for the wee small hours

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

knaithrover said:
DizzyPenguin said:
knaithrover said:

Agreed, both have a similar vibe although the latter is more abstract to my ears. Laughing Stock was required listening back in the days I used to work nightshirts, perfect for the wee small hours

Have either of you heard the 'O' Rang albums?

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
knaithrover said:
DizzyPenguin said:
knaithrover said:

Have either of you heard the 'O' Rang albums?

No, Just had a listen on youtube - sounds v.interesting

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Rush - Caress Of Steel

King Crimson - Larks Tongue In Aspic

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - I'm In Your Mind Fuzz

Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard - Noeth Ac Anoeth

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts