What Upgrade - New CDP / DAC/Bit of both?

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I have some money to purchase some new hifi, a pleasant thought at any point, however deciding what to get it proving a bit of a dilemma.

Current setup is Marantz CD6000ose, Nad Pre/Power (1000s/214), Epos M12 and SB Touch. Listen to all sorts of music, current faves being John Grant (incredible), Mogwai and Pj Harvey, but regular listening is anything from female americana to Radiohead, Bjork and even some RnB and pop in there too.

I have approximately 500 or so to spend, so how do I spend it? Have always thought the system lacks a little warmth (even with the NADs) and dynamism, possibly influenced by the Marantz (plenty of detail), so was thinking a DAC to sit between CDP and Amp and also to bolster the SB Touch would be a good option, in this range the Rega or the new Audiolab. Was thinking at a push could stretch to the Audiolab 8200 for a new cdp and dac for running Touch through. Or do I spend money on a decent stand/rack for the system as it currently resides on a very shoddy piece of furniture. A lot of questions I know, but nay thoughts appreciated

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Using some Mark Grant inters and some copper speaker, room is possibly not ideal, but limited in terms of arrangement possibilities

A

Anonymous

I'd be tempted to add a good, tight sounding sub. The DAC in the SB Touch is highy regarded. A sub will definitley add warmth. Look at BK electronics/SVS for vfm.

As for cables, without wanting to start anything, I doubt you'll change much... for me they are something to think about if you're itchy after completing a system.

TRENDING THREADS