What to keep......

moshihus

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi

This is my first post so please bare with me.....I've inherited a heap of hi-fi equipment and wonder if it is worth keeping as I'm keen to set up a "proper listening" system rather than the over conpressed stuff on my computer.

The parts are a Scan Dyna 2400 tuner amp, a Technics SU-V40 amp, a NAD 5120 tuntable, a Pioneer PL12 tuntable and som Monitor Audio MA-7 speakers.

Is it worth doing anything with it....the tuner amp will need re-capping as the electrolytic caps will have dried out by now but that is not a problem

for me to do.

What do you think.....?

matthewpiano

The Pioneer PL12D is a classic budget turntable. It isn't a Thorens-beater, but it is a solid deck with a pretty good tonearm for its type and they can produce a very nice, involving sound. Worth checking that the foam inside has disintegrated but not a difficult job to replace this. The PL12D is well worth keeping IMO.

The SU-V40 is also worth keeping, particularly if you can do any repairs yourself. Good, fluid and involving sound and from one of the better Technics ranges. With the PL12D and the Monitor Audio MA7 speakers this should give you a very nice vinyl system with little hassle.

The NAD t/t is plastic fantastic but has its own appeal if you can stand the looks. If you wanted to set up a second system it would be make a great front end with a NAD 3020 amp and some early Wharfedale Diamonds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts