Help me decide what to buy (1st post so go easy on me)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

I`m moving house soon so we have decided to buy a new budget Hi Fi system similar to my vintage one which is getting a bit long in the tooth.This is a Marantz Cd63 se, Marantz pm44se Denon tape deck and tuner. Gale4 florstanders.

We also have a Denon D38 with q acoustics 2020 on nexus 61 stands in another room.
The amp (pm44 se) is low in one channel all the others are perfect but is ok with the balance a bit to the left.Its unecomical to repair as it would need a new board. The plan is to keep this as a second system in the conservatery or wherever mainly as on fleabay the items are not worth selling.

I (we) have decided on the Marantz 6003 cd/amp combo and suitable speakers possibly MA bx2 subject to an audition.

My real dilemma is how much has hi fi moved on in the last 20 years as i still rate the cd63 se as a very good player. Should the system I mention be a lot better or even a little better or should I consider goin up another step the Arcam A18 C17 and speakers to suit. Incidentally swmbo has decided the new hi fi has to be silver. Dont have a budget but I dont want to get in to the realms of diminishing returns etc etc. All thoughts or suggestions appreciated,

regards,

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts