What set up to use with new Pro-Ject Debut III

Liamgp42

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

First post and new to the forum although I've been poaching information from here for some time... Thanks :grin:

So I inherited a Hacker GP42, matching AL42 stereo speaker and a bunch of Vinyl. I love the hacker but it just can't seem to handle newer records, I guess with it being 50 years old I'll be a little forgiving.

Anyway I'll have it for life and it will have it's place but since getting into Vinyl (on a low budget) I've been trying to get together some speakers and an amp which I've done (two sets in fact) with a view to getting an entry level TT. soooo I'm now the proud owner of a Pro-Ject Debut III WOOHOO!

So for now I was wondering if anyone could tell me out of the equipment that I have what the best configuration would be for the Debut.

(also feel free to say the gear I have is pants and I need to rethink, any and all advice welcome)

Both amps have a Phono socket (would this do or should I invest in a project pre amp?)

I'll post the specs for the gear I have below in case it helps but at the moment it means little to me, although I am trying to learn as I go along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first set up is;

Arcam Alpha 3 integrated stereo amp AL3 055 600

Power output: 40 watts per channel into 8 ohms

Total harmonic distortion: 0.02% at 30 watts into 8 ohms at tkHz

Frequency response: Phono 60-20,000Hz ±05dB. -3dB at 20Hz

Line inputs: I 0-20,000Hz ±05dB

Input sensitivity: Phono 22mV/47k ohms/I O0pF Line inputs 170mV

Signal-to-noise ratio (CCtR): Phono 75dN

Line inputs: 95dB

Dimensions (W x H x D): 430 x 84 x 248mm

Weight: 4.0kg

With a pair of Tannoy Mercury MX2's;

Two-way bass reflex system

115mm mid/bass driver

25mm soft dome tweeter

88dB sensitivity

8ohms

48Hz-20kHz frequency response

80Watts power handling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second set up is;

Wharfdale integrated stereo amp WPA-3038

I Can't seem to find any tech specs on this one :/

on the back it say's 6-8 Ohms

With a pair of Technics SB-C350's

Frequency response of 47Hz - 30kHz

A nominal impedance of 6 ohms for 70W RMS - 140W peak power handling

Infinite baffle [sealed] 3-way gives a measured efficiency of 87dB at 1Watt @ 1m

Dimensions [H x W x D]: 495 x 208 x 207mm

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Arcam Alpha 3 and it should be OK with those speakers, I thought the phono stage was OK, have not tried the Project phono stage. I would try system one and see how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts