What to do change whole system or parts of it?

mav75pry

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all not sure what to do for the best my system is about 13years old now and have wanted to change it over the bast year or so.

Is it best to change the whole system or parts of it I would like to change all of it but for what I would like would cost me all most 10k not sure I want to do in a oner that would be changing my tv as well.

So the system I would like is the Samsung F8000 smart tv the Onkyo TXNR 5010 amp and the kef R900 or 700,R600c,R800ds and keep my rel q150 sub.

Or change parts of it the tv is the first thing I would change and should I keep parts of my old system my system is the harman/kardon signature series 2.0 and the harman/kardon 1.5 and 1.3 power amps with a rel q150 then I have NHT speakers to the fronts and mirage speakers to the back so if you guys where in my shoes what would you do?

And out of those amps which is the best one to have the onkyo TXNR 3010 or 5010 or the Yamaha RXA 3020 or the pioneer SCLX 87 but waiting for a review on this one?

It totally depends on what you're comfortable with, financially. With the KEFs, I would recommend Pioneer. I love Yamahas, but I thought the RXA-3020 wasn't as exciting as I had hoped when paired with the KEF R500. You can get the LX86 for a bargain price now.

mav75pry

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply big boss I was interested in the lx 86 last year but some people where having spearker pairing problems with this amp?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
What Hi-Fi did like the Yamaha 3020 see http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-a3020, shame that bigboss wasn't so taken by it! You may also consider the Denon AVR-4520, a few months ago Home Cinema Choice magazine liked it very much indeed, here http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/denon-avr-4520-review/15002/ . It does everything my own old Denon AVR-4810 (which I like very much) does, plus 3D, 4K and more. If you add a separate stereo amplifier for the front width channels it will drive 11 loudspeakers. Mind you, the Yamaha will also drive 11 speakers, but using rear presence speakers rather than front wides.

By the way, you haven't said what size of Samsung F8000 television you are considering.

mav75pry said:
Thanks for the reply big boss I was interested in the lx 86 last year but some people where having spearker pairing problems with this amp?

Every Pioneer amp needs careful pairing with speakers. The LX87 is no different. I would recommend you demo with LX86. I loved it with the KEF.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
mav75pry said:
Hi all not sure what to do for the best my system is about 13years old now and have wanted to change it over the bast year or so.

Is it best to change the whole system or parts of it I would like to change all of it but for what I would like would cost me all most 10k not sure I want to do in a oner that would be changing my tv as well.

So the system I would like is the Samsung F8000 smart tv the Onkyo TXNR 5010 amp and the kef R900 or 700,R600c,R800ds and keep my rel q150 sub.

Or change parts of it the tv is the first thing I would change and should I keep parts of my old system my system is the harman/kardon signature series 2.0 and the harman/kardon 1.5 and 1.3 power amps with a rel q150 then I have NHT speakers to the fronts and mirage speakers to the back so if you guys where in my shoes what would you do?

And out of those amps which is the best one to have the onkyo TXNR 3010 or 5010 or the Yamaha RXA 3020 or the pioneer SCLX 87 but waiting for a review on this one?

Out of all of the intergrated amplifiers I have heard the Onkyo 5010 is currently top of the heap. The only thing which might come close is the new Arcam AVR750 but you will pay a premium for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts