what to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

About to move in with my better half and desperately need some advice on a home cinema system, for starters i am thinking about the samsung ue55d7000 tv but where i go from there i'm stumped being a noob when it comes to this.

I have a budget of about £800 and i think i've narrowed my choice's down but need to know what the experts think as everyone on here seems to know they're stuff.

Amps,

Denon AVR1911

Pioneer VSX-902

Onkyo TX-SR608

As for speakers i want to use a soundbar and was interested in the Q-Acoustics QAV but it seems you can only buy it without the sub which was one of the selling points because of its size so was thinking maybe the KEF KHT 8005 but i'm open to other options. Seen some deals at sevenoakssoundandvision which will give me the above for about £700 but as i'm in Guernsey will save on the VAT but living here i am limited for choice.

For the blu-ray player was thinking about the Samsung BD-D8500M but it seems it comes with a tuner and big hard drive which i won't need as i will be running Sky+HD as well as an X-Box 360, any advice please,

Cheers all

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
cheeseontoast said:
As for speakers i want to use a soundbar and was interested in the Q-Acoustics QAV but it seems you can only buy it without the sub which was one of the selling points because of its size so was thinking maybe the KEF KHT 8005 but i'm open to other options. Seen some deals at sevenoakssoundandvision which will give me the above for about £700 but as i'm in Guernsey will save on the VAT but living here i am limited for choice.

+1 with chebby's post.

cheeseontoast said:
For the blu-ray player was thinking about the Samsung BD-D8500M but it seems it comes with a tuner and big hard drive which i won't need as i will be running Sky+HD as well as an X-Box 360, any advice please,

Cheers all

Why would you want a freeview box with twin HD tuners, Blu ray & a hard drive anyway having already a Sky+HD box ? unless of course it is for backup in case the Sky box fails, why pay the extra money. If you are getting it just because you want to match makes with your Tv thinking it will be better, you could be mistaken, the only advantage may be just the one controller.

As a Samsung Tv owner myself, it has made no difference to me owning a Pioneer Blu Ray Player & i control everything except my V HD box from my Yamaha Remote.

[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Yeah that's what i thought, but would'nt need it for back up, just thought that being the same make maybe they would match better sorry i'm a bit naive so want to try to get the best set up.

Any thought's on the other stuff, any input would be a great help,

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts