What to buy plasma or Lcd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this has been discussed many times and i have done loads of reading about this but i am looking at replacing my Hitachi PD5200 for a new 42" tv. I was looking at another plasma possible a samsung and then i got to reading a bit more and about LCD tv and now im confused.

I will be using Sky HD, Blue ray player and a PS3 and Xbox, ive looked at LG LCD that is 1080p compatible, could someone steer me in the right direction as to what will be more suitable to this set up.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Couple of suggestions. The Panasonic TH-42PZ80 (£875) is great value Full HD plasma and a five-star performer, or alternatively there's the Sony KDL-40W4000 (£1200) which is a superb LCD set. You might also want to look at our Supertest-winning Philips 42PFL7603D LCD (£1000, although available for less with a quick Google search). I wouldn't get too hung up on the LCD/plasma thing - all three sets are excellent.

A

Anonymous

I think the best advice is what i got off of here, go and look at the TVs and see what catches your eye, personally i like the smoother / softer look of a plasma.

A

Anonymous

Sony KDL40W4000

Hi could someone please tell me if this Tv is worth getting iv seen it for £850 or should i go for the plasma

A

Anonymous

Hi Bret - here is my opinion for what it is worth.

I have both. A 40" Sony Bravia LCD and a 42" Fujitsu Plasma. For me it is chalk and cheese. The colour and clarity on the plasma is streets ahead and as for sport or fast moving action I wouldn't even bother watching the LCD.

If I could I would return the LCD for a refund. I will never buy another.

BUT, that's me. You need to look at both. Some people like the garish moving smudge of pixels they call LCD screens.

A

Anonymous

thanks for all the advice, ive had a look at the Panasonic TH-42PZ80 which was properly set up in curry's believe it or not and i was very impressed with the picture quality. The only think that puts me off is the plastic trim that runs along the bottom as 2you wuld be looking at it all the time as the tv will be on the wall.

A

Anonymous

Iv got a panasonic th37px60b which i think whathifi gave a 5 star. Iv been wondering wether to buy a new tv, i have been looking at a sony kdl 40w4000 or 40v4000. My tv is about 2 years old, is it worth getting it or is ok for time being. It only 1080i and i would like 1080p.ÿ

A

Anonymous

If you watch mainly Full HD sources (not Sky HD which isn't) and you really aren't happy, then maybe. If like 90% of us you don't, then why not wait a few months and see what the new wireless screens and OLED can do to the market.

With prices falling all you'll do is save yourself a few quid.

A

Anonymous

bootstrapwill:Iv got a panasonic th37px60b which i think whathifi gave a 5 star. Iv been wondering wether to buy a new tv, i have been looking at a sony kdl 40w4000 or 40v4000. My tv is about 2 years old, is it worth getting it or is ok for time being. It only 1080i and i would like 1080p.1080i input is fine for SKY HD, Virgin HD or Freesat HD. So unless you want to watch a lot of 1080p BluRay proably not worth it.

But just check out how the latest ones look and see if the difference is worth it. A 37PX80 only costs around £560. Much better contrast, blacks, colours than the PX60, also plays 24p, has 100Hz processing and has an SD card reader.

A

Anonymous

I know what Rewerbs saying but the market is transforming itself at the moment and it could be worth waiting a short while as this will make the current fav s look a little old ( and therefore a lot cheaper) in only a few months.

I'm waiting to see the wireless screens to see how they do. Not sure where the batteries will go tho' ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts