What Telly do I choose?

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
good morning all from ireland...

going shopping today for LCD up grade. 37inch is the size and looking at the Samsung LE37B550 or a Sony one of the same spec. Problem is i have vouchers for 500 euro for my local sony centre and not sure which telly to look at? backlighting etc seems to be and issue with the 37s....

anyone have 37 inch sony and any probs with it? hows the samsung rate? seen the Samsung yesterday and it looked pretty good with bluray UP.

cheers... eamonn

A

Anonymous

d.i.d electrical are doing the 40b550 at a good price at the moment , about e600 i think ..

newaudio

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
good morning chaps....

baby awake since 7! well.... got the sony box yesterday and set all up in the afternoon. sky+ box then went on the blink for bout an hour but nice girl in mumbai got me sorted. the sky on it is pretty good... think i need a HD box to see full potential. sound off the telly is better that that of the Samsung. speakers are now tucked under the front bottom face and give much cleaner lines and design to the look of the fascia. its now also full HD 1080 which the chap in the shop said the previous models wernt so i put a deposit on the sony BDP S760.

but when it came to choice it boiled down to plain old economics.... 500 euro voucher for Sony centre! just added 185 to it and telly was mine. yip... DID in Waterford have some pretty good deals at the mo... the Samsung i mentioned was retail for 450E but totally out of stock with it in PC world at 629... pays to shop about!

cheers chaps.... home cinema set up for 13' X 13' living room to follow soon.... depending on cash flow!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts