what studio monitors to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello from Serbia, guys. I have benn searching for studio monitor speakers for my pc bild (will have sound card Asus Xonar DX) for the part 3 days and i narrowed it to two choices. 1.M-Audio AV30 97€ and 2.Behringer Ms20 96€.

I have found out that a lot of people complaning about blow capacitors in M-Audio speakers so i do not know should i buy those, but do like the sound quality. On the Behinger i did find 1 complaning on the sound @100hz but thats about it... I do not know how they sound like, havent had the chance to hear then in person. So whats your advice, shold i go for one of these or go for something else? My budget is 100€ tops.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I've not heard either, but perhaps the Behringer is more prolific in the budget end of home studio. It's purely on the toss of a coin unless you can get to listen to the two. Also, you could try the Gearslutz forum for further advice.

A

Anonymous

Ok,tnx. Will try that but first i do have an update, found Akai RPM3 for 103$/84€ Link seem to be decent monitors for the asking price, 3" woofer, 1" tweeter, S/N 88dB, 80Hz - 20kHz, bass boost @ 100Hz 4.8dB, 2x10W, DAC/ADC 16bit (have 24bit/192kHz on sound card) anybody know how these sound? how much would a sound card have an impact on the monitor speakers?

A

Anonymous

Ok,tnx. Will try that but first i do have an update, found Akai RPM3 for 103$/84€ Link seem to be decent monitors for the asking price, 3" woofer, 1" tweeter, S/N 88dB, 80Hz - 20kHz, bass boost @ 100Hz 4.8dB, 2x10W, DAC/ADC 16bit (have 24bit/192kHz on sound card) anybody know how these sound? how much would a sound card have an impact on the monitor speakers?

A

Anonymous

Ok, thanke you, but first i have an update, found Akai RPM3 84€/103$ they seem to be decent quality monitors, they have 3" woofer and 1" same as AV30's, 2x10W, frequency response is from 80Hz to 20kHz, bass boost switch: 4.8dB @ 100Hz, S/N is 88dB. What do you think?

A

Anonymous

I wass loking at Akai RPM3's just the other day, wanted to post an update but for some reason i could not. Anyway they are dirt cheap monitors, cost only 84€/103$ and have good spec but don't know do they sound good to. Anyone own a par? Are they good? PS: Do have in mind that they whey will be replaced with Mackie MR5 MK2 in a 7-8 monts but for that time i need a decent par of monitors. Thx for posting, guys. :)

A

Anonymous

I have an update to the list after in depth search and the full list is:

1) Behringer Ms20 90€/111$

2) Kurcweil KS40A 92€/113$

3) Samson MediaOne 3a 84€/103$

4) Akai RPM3 84€/103$

5) M-Audio AV30 version2 97€/119$

What is my best option outh of these?

ROTH AV

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi deluxe,

I think you might be asking questions on the wrong forum ?

Maybe this would be a better resource to go to: http://www.soundonsound.com/

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts