what speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello to everyone
First of all I apologize for my English.
My system consists of Primare electronics (CD 31 player, I 30 amplifier), Triangle altea ESW loudspeakers and Nordost red dawn cables (XLR interconnects and speaker cables).
The problem is that the sound is a little hard, aggresive and eventually fatiguing in the long haul. I think that there is a lack of naturalness and detail resolution, especially when I listen to a complex musical piece. It's not always easy to differentiate the musical strands. I have the impression that someone threw all the ingredients of the soundtrack into a blender and the outcome is a "badly homogenized flavourless flat soup".
I think that the weak link is the loudspeakers. I'd like more natural sound with greater detail resolution and refinement. My shortlist includes the ProAc's studio 140, ATC's SCM 40, Sonus Faber's concerto domus, Wilson Benesch's square2 and Spendor's A6. I've listened to all the above mentioned speakers except Spendor's but unfortunately with broadly different electronics (in greece we don't have many choices) and that's why I'm asking your opinion. I'd fully appreciate it.
My favorite kinds of music are jazz and world music, classical (mainly small string ensembles) and a bit of good old rock.
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Ioannis

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
ioannis:
Hello to everyone
My system consists of Primare electronics (CD 31 player, I 30 amplifier), Triangle altea ESW loudspeakers and Nordost red dawn cables (XLR interconnects and speaker cables).
The problem is that the sound is a little hard, aggresive and eventually fatiguing in the long haul. I think that there is a lack of naturalness and detail resolution, especially when I listen to a complex musical piece. It's not always easy to differentiate the musical strands. I have the impression that someone threw all the ingredients of the soundtrack into a blender and the outcome is a "badly homogenized flavourless flat soup".
I think that the weak link is the loudspeakers. I'd like more natural sound with greater detail resolution and refinement. My shortlist includes the ProAc's studio 140, ATC's SCM 40, Sonus Faber's concerto domus, Wilson Benesch's square2 and Spendor's A6. I've listened to all the above mentioned speakers except Spendor's but unfortunately with broadly different electronics (in greece we don't have many choices) and that's why I'm asking your opinion. I'd fully appreciate it.
My favorite kinds of music are jazz and world music, classical (mainly small string ensembles) and a bit of good old rock.
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Ioannis

With Frank Harvey on line he may have a view of this so I'll bump it.
There is nothing wrong with your English

ioannis:
Hello to everyone
Thank you in advance.
Regards
Ioannis

Hi Ioannis

Primare work well with ATC as i have sold ATC speakers to Primare owners. With the SCM40's featuring the state of the art soft dome mid range unit and having a neutral, uncoloured and natural presentation will enable the Primare electronics to breathe regardless of the genre of music that you listen to.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

"badly homogenized flavourless flat soup" - that's fine english if I may say so!

Welcome. Where in Greece are you, been there many, many times.

Oh, and ProAcs for me.

emotion-1.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Kalispera ioannis,

If at all possible,i would try to audition, Vienna Acoustics, Usher, Focal and Revel,to name a few brands which gel very well with primare. The vienna acoustics beethoven baby grand could just be what you are looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts