What speakers would be best?

Skisocks

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have recently purchased a Yamaha as201 as my old system (a hand-me-down from my grandfather) a Sony xo-d301 has given up, probably for the better. I'm just wondering what speakers anyone recommends, currently using the speakers that came from the old hifi a pair of sony ss-a301. I'd rather buy second hand, being a lowly student and all, although any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

K

keeper of the quays

Skisocks said:
Hi I have recently purchased a Yamaha as201 as my old system (a hand-me-down from my grandfather) a Sony xo-d301 has given up, probably for the better. I'm just wondering what speakers anyone recommends, currently using the speakers that came from the old hifi a pair of sony ss-a301. I'd rather buy second hand, being a lowly student and all, although any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Wharfdale 9.1...

D

Deleted member 160668

I am by no means as knowledgable as others on here. However I've owned the Wharfs suggested by previous person, I then upgraded to B&W 601 S2 which absolutely blew them away in sound reproduction. I've since upgraded again to PMCs.

My suggestion would be to pick up a set of B&Ws. 601's s2's can be picked up for around £100ish on eBay if you shop carefully and for the money they are fantastic. The wharfedale 9.1s are same price but not even comparible in my experience.

Also if that's too steep for the wallet a pair of 601 s1's are even cheaper (although I haven't heard these).

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts