What speakers to match?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've recently come back to hifi now I have a little space again after a move. I currently have:

Musical Fidelity X-Ray (v1)

MF X-A2 integrateted and AS100 power amps

KEF Q35.2 Floodstanders.

Sounds good, stereo imaging is great. However I'm starting to find it a tiny bit bright and the bass whilst there, deosn't really have the weight i want. So I;ve been wondering about a speaker upgrade, as i think the KEFs are really noe the weak link in the system. I never used to listen to much rock, but recently have started to more and more. So, I was consiring somthing aroun the £600-700 mark like the MA RS6s or B&W684s.

Anyone have other suggestions and/or a simlar set-up to comment?

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Hi, I was in touch with the spendor guys about amps for my speakers, and they said alot of people with their speakers use cyrus, and musical fidelity. They were the amps used on the warranty cards that get sent back to them. Some very good florr standers around at the moment from them.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion, and an interesting option, I hadn't considered these.

I do think that they are out of my price range, but hey, something to aspire to ;P

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Based on my experience and IMHO, Musical Fidelity Electronics partnered with Monitor Audio Speakers is a good combination. As my signature below shows, I have a MF amp and CD partenered with a pair of MA Silver RS8.

There are some other users of the forum with MF + MA ...

Anyway try them first if you can. I'm sure you'll like the RS6 partnered with your kit and as they are very sensible speakers (91db) they will be driven perfectly by your amp.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts