What speakers should I get?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I haven't bought any new hifi stuff in a while so I hope you can help me!

I have a a Sony TA-FA30ES amp (lovely amp). My source is my computer (with a great soundcard). This is going through Rogers DB-101 speakers which I need to replace. The room is quite small. I only listen to house and trance.

My budget is £150

Any ideas much appreciated :)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

What about the BR1s? Cheaper and better for my small room?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If your a bass head, you'll miss the bigger driver, bigger cabinet and ultimately bigger bass that the BR2s will provide. I'd rather you pushed yourself a bit and were happy, than settled for something you would have issues with. Of course, demoing the speakers in question would give you the answers you need. phone your local M.A dealer and book a demo. Don't forget to take a CD with you that you know very well.

A

Anonymous

thanks for your thoughts, a friend of mine has recommended the Epos ELC 3s. how would they compare to the Monitor Audios?

thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Epos ELS3 have a wonderful clean sound with great clarity and nice tight bass - not too boomy for a small room. I tried my mates BR2's in my 3 metre by 3 metre listening room and wasn't that impressed. Found the bass a bit too much. Tried Quad 11l which were good but preferred the Epos. Try the Epos website for ex dem bargains

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts