What speakers for Technics Amp?

Marky59

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
I have an Technics System and the Amp is a SU-v460, for a long time I don’t think my current speakers (Mordaunt Short MS10) are up to the task. Any recommendations either similar size as I have speaker stands or floor standing speakers? I quite like the idea of a British company like Mission. Thanks.

Witterings

1st question people are going to ask is what's your budget and the 2nd should be do you want to upgrade the amp at a later stage and if so what will the budget for that be?

You could go for something like Elac B5.2's or Dali Spektor 2's both of which are great speakers for their price and would work well if you did upgrade the amp at a later stage, my personal prefernce between the 2 is the Elac's and they have some of the original 5's which some argue are better on e-bay at the moment.

Wharfedale 9.1's are more budget and I have those in a desktop situation and have no plans to change them anytime soon but I'm not sure how they'd compare to the ones you already have.

Reactions: Marky59
I have an Technics System and the Amp is a SU-v460, for a long time I don’t think my current speakers (Mordaunt Short MS10) are up to the task. Any recommendations either similar size as I have speaker stands or floor standing speakers? I quite like the idea of a British company like Mission. Thanks.
A mate of mine, who now lives in Manchester, so not heard his Technics, uses Mission speakers. No real personal experience of either. Worth exploring though.

Reactions: Marky59

Marky59

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
1st question people are going to ask is what's your budget and the 2nd should be do you want to upgrade the amp at a later stage and if so what will the budget for that be?

You could go for something like Elac B5.2's or Dali Spektor 2's both of which are great speakers for their price and would work well if you did upgrade the amp at a later stage, my personal prefernce between the 2 is the Elac's and they have some of the original 5's which some argue are better on e-bay at the moment.

Wharfedale 9.1's are more budget and I have those in a desktop situation and have no plans to change them anytime soon but I'm not sure how they'd compare to the ones you already have.
Just had the amp serviced and am quite happy with it as it is. Budget is flexible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts