What speaker cables?!

Wilko1869

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
I was recently gifted a rega planar 1, Q acoustic 3010 speakers and a Cambridge axa25 amp. I’be no clue what speaker cables I need. What insert is required for speakers and what inserts are required for the amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 108165

Any decent gauge speaker cable will do, 2.5mm or 4mm. I believe that both amp and speakers can take bare wire connections so you would be good to go with some Van Damme Blue or Black or HiFi cable from eBay. Your money, your choice... just make sure both cables are the same length.

However, your amp does not appear to have a phono stage to connect the turntable to so you may need to purchase one.

Any more Q's don't be afraid to ask :)

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I have recentiy bought some Chord company rumour X speaker cables. The came out very well on the What Hifi 2020 tests. And they do sound very good. I just plugged the wires into the amp and the speakers. That's all I needed.

D

Deleted member 108165

And don't get drawn into cable hype theory, you just need common copper speaker cable, (OFC = oxygen free copper). Many on here will empty your wallet very quickly with expensive speaker cable recommendations :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rainsoothe

I was recently gifted a rega planar 1, Q acoustic 3010 speakers and a Cambridge axa25 amp. I’be no clue what speaker cables I need. What insert is required for speakers and what inserts are required for the amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi. If the Rega is the Planar 1 PLUS version, you don't need to get a separate phono preamp. If it's just called Planar 1, you do.

Any decent copper cable. I wouldn't spend fortunes (still haven't), something such as Chord or perhaps my current speaker cables Atlas Equator.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts