WHAT SPEAKER CABLE ATLAS HYPER OR KIMBER

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I HAVE A MARANTZ PM6004 CD AND AMPLIFIER WITH MONITOR AUDIO RX1 SPEAKERS , LOOKING FOR A SPEAKER CABLE UPGRADE I CURRENTLY HAVE CHORD SILVERSCREEN, THINKING MAYBE ATLAS HYPER 2.0 OR KIMBER 4TC ? ANY IDEAS WHICH WOULD BE BEST OR ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS ?

A

Anonymous

I have Atlas Hyper Biwire, so can vouch for Atlas Hyper 2 (the thicker cable used in the biwire version).

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
cheese37 said:
I HAVE A MARANTZ PM6004 CD AND AMPLIFIER WITH MONITOR AUDIO RX1 SPEAKERS , LOOKING FOR A SPEAKER CABLE UPGRADE I CURRENTLY HAVE CHORD SILVERSCREEN, THINKING MAYBE ATLAS HYPER 2.0 OR KIMBER 4TC ? ANY IDEAS WHICH WOULD BE BEST OR ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS ?

I USE HYPER 2.0 IT IS FINE, THERE REALLY WON'T BE MUCH DIFFERENCE THEY ARE ALL COPPER CABLES AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
datay said:
I USE HYPER 2.0 IT IS FINE, THERE REALLY WON'T BE MUCH DIFFERENCE THEY ARE ALL COPPER CABLES AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!!

:rofl: I like the shouting comment. I guess some browsers are not so compatible with the forums or people forget CAPS lock on or..

BTW.. I thought all copper cables are equal and just got proved wrong by myself. On an impulse got the Chord Silver Screen cables. Did an A to B comparision with my current, no special brand factory terminated speaker cables and the difference is night and day.

Henceforth, I would say Silver Screen is the starting point (for some Start & end - like me!)

cheese37 said:

PERSONALLY....sorry ...Personally I do not feel either would be an upgrade but then only your ears will tell! If you must buy a set of either and listen. If you don't like what you hear sell it on, at a slight loss obviously. It is, however, people that do just that, that help others 'upgrade' their system on the cheap!!

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
cheese37 said:

Hi,

I have both chord silverscreen and kimber 4tc/8tc and Kimber is certaintly an upgrade to the budget chord - more open and detailed with more natural mids. Kimber would be better than Atlas too. Kimber is usually used on higher end hifi. Chord is good cable for its price. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve.

cheese37 said:

Hi cheese37

I'll recommemnd that you should also consider using standard 500 strand OFC speaker cables. Fwiw, i also use 500 strand OFC speaker cables with Monitor Audio's Platinum Series of speakers :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Have been looking at this and a few other recent threads here re. speaker cables.

Just googled 500 strand ofc and couldn't find anything apart from comments here and a few 100+ strand cables. Am I looking at the right thing ?

I was considering some van damme cables about £5 p/metre or some cheap Atlas Hyper or Chord Odyssey 2 on ebay.

I currently use some copper strand cables I got from a studio, 20 yr old qed 79 strand and some qed revelation.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I used to have the atlas hyper 3.0 cable, but I sold it and bought the 500 strand ofc cable rick is talking about.I couldn't hear any difference whatsoever.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, Have been looking at this and a few other recent threads here re. speaker cables. Just googled 500 strand ofc and couldn't find anything apart from comments here and a few 100+ strand cables. Am I looking at the right thing ? I was considering some van damme cables about £5 p/metre or some cheap Atlas Hyper or Chord Odyssey 2 on ebay. I currently use some copper strand cables I got from a studio, 20 yr old qed 79 strand and some qed revelation. Thanks

Try Googling this:

Loudspeaker Cable High Quality OFC 532 Strand 4mm Oxygen Free Loud Speaker Wire

32 extra strands over the 500, just to be sure you don't lose any bass :)

A

Anonymous

paradiziac said:
Try Googling this:

Loudspeaker Cable High Quality OFC 532 Strand 4mm Oxygen Free Loud Speaker Wire

32 extra strands over the 500, just to be sure you don't lose any bass :)

Ah, its 532 strand I need to look for ;) Saw some on Ebay, also 100m for under £1/m here

967592485896.png

A

Anonymous

Hey, that place I found even does 762 strand OFC, thats 6mm cable :p

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
fowler said:
I used to have the atlas hyper 3.0 cable, but I sold it and bought the 500 strand ofc cable rick is talking about.I couldn't hear any difference whatsoever.

If you couldn't hear any difference, then why bother selling it in the first place? Presumably you didn't sell the Hyper 3.0 for more than you paid for it, therefore you've now spent more money for no difference. Well done!

A

Anonymous

datay said:
fowler said:

If you couldn't hear any difference, then why bother selling it in the first place? Presumably you didn't sell the Hyper 3.0 for more than you paid for it, therefore you've now spent more money for no difference. Well done!
Because I had used the hyper 3.0 for my av system,i picked some of the ofc cable up for next to nothing to try on my 2 channel system.I decided to sell my hyper 3.0 after comparing the two because i couldn't hear a difference between that and the much cheaper cable.i managed to kit my entire av system out and still have a bit of cash left over from the sale of the hyper 3.0 cable simple.

A

Anonymous

well i have just picked up a 2.5 metre pair of atlas hyper 2.0 with atlas plugs for just £35 on the bay , bargain i recon ? just wiatung for them 2 arrive :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts