what sort off amp i need!!??

psydub

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
hi there ,neeed heelp!!

i got pair jbl radiances 99vx,and pair bose 301 ii ,and 9" jbl sub so,

what sort off amp i need to run these old school speakers?? i only listen vinyl,, mainly reggae dub !!

been searching last few days and just cant decide,and stuck :)

thanks

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
psydub said:
hi there ,neeed heelp!!

i got pair jbl radiances 99vx,and pair bose 301 ii ,and 9" jbl sub so,

what sort off amp i need to run these old school speakers?? i only listen vinyl,, mainly reggae dub !!

been searching last few days and just cant decide,and stuck :)

thanks

Do you have any kind of phono stage or pre-amp? What have you been using?

psydub

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
only had arcam alpha8r whichs dead now ,and got couple off usual nothing special technics,wanna spend some money for it this time ,get something decent! 400-500 £ ish

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
psydub said:
yess thats great big with meters looks cracking :) will check the rest man ,nice one!

Chebby is pulling your leg, that MacIntosh is out of budget by a factor of at least 10.....*shok*

I'm going way off reservation here, and going to suggest the following.

Gemini PS-121x two channel phono mixer or similar. expect to pay £50-100 for something useable or more for better quality.

Two Behringer A500 power amplifiers, one for each pair of speakers, about £140-150 each. A few pounds left for cables.

PS. Warn your neighbours.......*dance4*

psydub

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
nice one mate,got behringer 3 channel mixer , and will check the amps shortly :)

thanks for advice

PS: my neighbours r deaf :p

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
psydub said:
nice one mate,got behringer 3 channel mixer , and will check the amps shortly :)

thanks for advice

PS: my neighbours r deaf :p

Just as well.....*good*

Almost any of the pro amps will do nicely but the A500 has cropped up on here once or twice lately and has a reputation for decent sound quality at a ridiculously low price.

Given the price, use one for each set of speakers, you have level contols so you can preset the volume of each pair of speakers, ie a little more Bose, a little less JBL etc, etc.

Have fun......*dance4*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts