What smartphone is on your upgrade horizon?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Isn't there some cloud based storage available?

Seen a review of the One X earlier, on Trusted Reviews, looks a great phone.

daveh75

Yes there's a plethora of cloud based solutions for Android, but it starts to get expensive if you have large amounts of data.

Plus obviously it requires a data/wifi connection, and i don't really like the idea of having to pay to access my own media (storage or data charges)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Sliced Bread said:
From what I can see the One X seems to be superb, but time will tell. I can return it in 14 days if it’s no good.

Was considering a One X myself but 3 things are putting me off, only 32GB of storage, no option to add an SD card, or access to the battery being a unibody design.

Like an iPhone you mean?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Yes there's a plethora of cloud based solutions for Android, but it starts to get expensive if you have large amounts of data.

Plus obviously it requires a data/wifi connection, and i don't really like the idea of having to pay to access my own media (storage or data charges)

Like an iPhone you mean?

A

Anonymous

daveh75 said:

Fair point re. having access to fast enough broadband, i'm not sure the cost of data is going to be relevant for very long more though, plenty of all you can eat deals popping up and competition means they're getting cheaper.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
ooh.. said:
Isn't there some cloud based storage available?

Seen a review of the One X earlier, on Trusted Reviews, looks a great phone.

Yet not as high scoring on the benchmarks as it's little brother, the One S (although both are shtoffashvl fast)

Sliced Bread

daveh75 said:
Sliced Bread said:
From what I can see the One X seems to be superb, but time will tell. I can return it in 14 days if it’s no good.

Was considering a One X myself but 3 things are putting me off, only 32GB of storage, no option to add an SD card, or access to the battery being a unibody design.
To be honest, the storage doesn't bother me as you can just plug it into your pc and backup anything via drag n drop like a data stick (unlike an iPhone). It's what I do with my desire.

The battery thing does bother me though, but on balance I think I can accept it :)

TRENDING THREADS