What size of speakers for my living room?

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to design my first proper Home Cinema and music setup for my new home and I need some advice. My living room dimentions are 12'.2'' by 16' (3.7mx4.9m)

My question is: How much power do I need and what kind of speakers, in order to feel up adequately this room.

I have been waiting for the new B&W 685 theater package in order to test and decide. I have listen to the 600 series before in hifi stores and loved them.

Would the above be enogh for this? do I need bigger or smaller speakers? And would Onkyo 875 or the new sony 5300 be a good match, do I need something simpler or better?

usage would be 50% music and 50 movies and Digital TV

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Too early to tell on the B&Ws, though the 685s seem very promising, and should be fine for a room of this size in a surround system. I reckon if you liked the 600s, these should appeal - the only change you might want to make could be some bigger speakers for the front left/right channels (684s, maybe) to maximise music performance.

Similarly, we're waiting to hear how good the Sony 5300 receiver is, though I have to say that IMHO I'm very impressed with the Onkyo TS-SR875 I've been using for a few weeks now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts