What should I do??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a LE37B650 and the sound is, as expected, pretty ordinary (HD on freesat is pretty good though!). Thus I need to get a decent package asap. I am pretty limited on space in my living room, so I would prefer to go with a 2.1 system at least at first. Budget wise, looking to spend no more than £500. Currently my feeling on possible choices are:

1) Onkyo HTX22 (can always top up the speakers in the future)

2) Sony BDV360 or other 2.1 system (not got blue-ray player yet)

3) STRDH800 + Sub and L & R

At the mo, I'm swaying towards the Onkyo, as cheap enough to then buy a decent(ish) blue-ray player. But does anyone know of any decent 2.1 systems or failing this the third option (but on my budget!)

p.s I know there is no substitute for hearing these for myself, but I need to know what I should ask to hear first!

A

Anonymous

well like on the previous thread look at the new yamaha range of soundbars being released soon. thats an alternative but not sure if it suits your budget. it will probably suit you future wise if as you say you are limited for room and 5.1 might not be a realistic proposition. just an alternative for you to consider

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about a soundbar as an option after listening to one of the yamahas a couple of weeks back. Do you know when this new range is due out roughly, or whether they will decode hd formats?

A

Anonymous

Just seen the updated other thread. Pioneer sounds a poss. too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts