What recession, one for Clare & the ladies

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of getting your wife the ultimate christmas pressie, www.modelsownit.com £83,000 for a bottle of nail polish. It,s said to give a gold leaf effect, last christmas i painted and gilded my wife,s nails for a party she was going to and all the women loved them. Think i will start a small business applying real gold leaf to nails if this joke sells. [:|]

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
As someone whom typically wears nail varnish about once a year (for our Awards), this isn't really 'one' for me.
emotion-40.gif

And yes, there are sadly people with more money than sense. Think of the speakers you could have for that money
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
hammill:Anyone who buys such a product is contemptible.

My daughters and I have always enjoyed a trip to the Maison Blanc Patisserie for a coffee and a cake when visiting Chichester.

On one such visit I discovered tiny pieces of edible gold leaf on my cake. I had eaten gold! This bugged me a lot, despite joking about it with my daughters in the shop.

However the fact remained. Expensive cake = a treat. Eating gold = insane decadence.

After I left the shop, I found a Big Issue seller and gave her £5 to try and make up for my bullion biting excess.

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:Think of the speakers you could have for that money

Not Tony Blair...

chebby:

My daughters and I have always enjoyed a trip to the Maison Blanc Patisserie for a coffee and a cake when visiting Chichester.

On one such visit I discovered tiny pieces of edible gold leaf on my cake. I had eaten gold! This bugged me a lot, despite joking about it with my daughters in the shop.

However the fact remained. Expensive cake = a treat. Eating gold = insane decadence.

After I left the shop, I found a Big Issue seller and gave her £5 to try and make up for my bullion biting excess.

I hope you didn't go panning for it later.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Clare Newsome:Think of the speakers you could have for that money Not Tony Blair... chebby:

I hope you didn't go panning for it later.

Cheers for that John. Just spat coffee all over the laptop.
emotion-2.gif
emotion-44.gif
emotion-8.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

I think if you drank this http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007/dec/08/consumeraffairs.creditcrunch

you would be obliged to buy every copy of the big issue printed that week.

manicm

Clare Newsome:

As someone whom typically wears nail varnish about once a year (for our Awards), this isn't really 'one' for me.
emotion-40.gif

And yes, there are sadly people with more money than sense. Think of the speakers you could have for that money
emotion-2.gif

Marry me, I'll cook, clean and iron. As long as you sort the hifi out
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:

Only in Chichester! Incidentally Maison Blanc is directly opposite where I purchased my first hifi from a little independent hifi shop. The name escapes me now. It was twenty years ago. Can you remember Cheby. I purchase a Denon amp, some Acoustic Research speakers and a Technics CDP with MASH technology.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
brittondave:Maison Blanc is directly opposite where I purchased my first hifi from a little independent hifi shop. The name escapes me now. It was twenty years ago. Can you remember Cheby. I purchase a Denon amp, some Acoustic Research speakers and a Technics CDP with MASH technology.

I remember the shop but not the name. I'll come back to you if I remember it.

Back then I was buying some of my stuff from Rob at Chichester Hifi. (In Little London opposite where the B&O showroom is now.)

A

Anonymous

I presume Chichester hifi is still there. I will pop in next time I am down there......

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
manicm:Clare Newsome:

emotion-40.gif

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

Already got that covered, thanks
emotion-2.gif

He's busy right now running in the new speaker cables and turntable cartridge we've bought our system as a Christmas present
emotion-21.gif
None of that handbag/jewellery nonsense....

Clare Newsome:manicm:Clare Newsome:

emotion-40.gif

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

Already got that covered, thanks
emotion-2.gif

He's busy right now running in the new speaker cables and turntable cartridge we've bought our system as a Christmas present
emotion-21.gif

Quite right, we're tripping over handbags here (the OHs not mine
emotion-4.gif
) - music is the only sensible option.

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:Already got that covered, thanks
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

I saw him in Starbucks this morning reading an instruction manual. What kind of man is he?!?!?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts