What rear speakers to go with KEF iQ5se fronts and iQ2c centre?

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Either going to go for a pair of sats from the KEF KHT2005 or KHT3005 range, would there be much difference in these when using them as rears?

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
I do but the wife doesn't fancy biggish speakers on the rear wall along with the 3 fronts, do you think it would make much difference?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have your speakers bigger brothers the IQ9's with a IQ6C and IQ3's at the rear. I tried the IQ1's for the rear but there was a deffinate tonal differnce due to the differnce in size of the drive unit which when I placed the IQ3's in there place was not present and I think you will get the same effect if you try placing the KEF sats into you system. I know the differnce in size is quite a bit but I think it is worth it.

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi -

I have iQ5s and iQ6c. For the sake of an harmonious ralationship, not to mention harmonious living room acoustics, I went with Kef in-ceiling speakers ci160qs. As I understand it the cones are the same as those used in the iQ5s, and are Uni-Q also. They look fantastic, are virtually invisible, easy to install and sound great.

Not only that but I believe it helps create a much more expansive rear sound "picture" if the speakers are higher up.

Cheers.

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
I take these can be used on a wall too??? I have already ran the speaker cable in before i laid a new wooden floor a few months ago so all I need to do is fit the speakers.

andyblade

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
I've got a pair of iQ5 for the front and will add an iQ2c soonish.

I think I'd agree with Krime, from what I read it seam best for the harmony of the system to be looking at the iQ1's or another set of iQ5 (possiblly se) for the rears, having said that does anyone know of any issues having iQ5 front and rear?

A

Anonymous

The other option is the dipole iQ8ds'. I currently have them with iQ7s and iQ2c. I have never been able to appreciate them in their full glory as they are currently mounted on the rear wall and should be on the side walls for maximum effect. I have been advised by andrew and Andy to possibly go for a pair of the new 3005 se's for rears so they must be a good match .

Alternatively you could check out ebay this week for the dipoles!!

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions and views, what about the KEF Ci-160.2FS and Ci-160.2QS in wall speakers (wife might go for these), whats the difference between the 2 (apart from about £60)???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts