admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System Cyrus Pre vs2, 8 power cd8 se, Spendor A5

Would like to upgrade do not know whether to go for the power supplies psx-r or, as the speakers are not bi wirable I bi amp with two power8 amps on mono running left and right. Would the spendors be ok with this additonal power?

Any advice would be helpfull

A

Anonymous

I would leave them just as they are. They should be producing fine music. What do you think is lacking?

Adding a dedicated power supply would not bring any significant improvement to the overall sound quality or character (IMO) - bear that in mind.

I had a Cyrus CD8x, Pre & Power combo - tried them with and without the power supply. I did not personally notice any noticeable improvement that would justify the cost of having them, so they went.

I can think of far better ways to spend the same outlay.

A

Anonymous

Your speakers, i love the sound of them!

upgrade???

Demo i few different speaker cables and powercords from your local dealer?

Get the tacima 6way mains block (that's in the review's section), E-bays £25 delivered, my favorite upgrade recently.

dave

A

Anonymous

sorry cant stop going on about the tacima, but impressed...

Ooooh-I-AM-IMPRESSED-Tim-Hurford-255123.jpg

A

Anonymous

You have an awesome set up at the price points and looks well balanced, although the spendor A6's are awesome if you can trade in the A5's?

if you just want to pursue a hobby, i would look into streaming music using a logitech squeezebox duet and getting a Cyrus DAC and pre amp; but may as well sell your current pre amp. Won't necessarily improve the sound but will give much more flexibility in music selection.

A

Anonymous

OK

Ungrade or new sofas?

Upgrade always better option. Although wife will not agree

Thanks will try the 6 way mains block

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts