What liquid to use to clean Mordaunt-Short Performance 6?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What would be the best liquid to use to clean the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 loudspeakers? I just obtained these about 1 1/2 weeks ago; absolutely gorgeous loudspeakers. I do not want to ruin them using wrong solvents.

Thanks.

Dan.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dantan:.... I do not want to ruin them using wrong solvents.

Eek!

Don't use ANY solvents. (See installation guide.)

Check the paperwork that came with your speakers for any care instructions. If none then phone MS.

I cannot find specific instructions online from MS but I would guess from looking at them that you would need to use something like a lightly dampened (with water only) lint free, soft, microfibre cloth.

Maybe - for light dusting - something like the Pledge Fluffy dusters (not the scented ones though) which seem to be popular in hifi showrooms.

T

the record spot

Good traditional Scottish method: a wire brush and Dettol! Linn use this for their CD players.

(Or maybe not...)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Good traditional Scottish method: a wire brush and Dettol! Linn use this for their CD players.

Pah! Dettol is kid's stuff.

Real Scots drink use this...

Jeyes_fluid.jpg

A

Anonymous

dantan:

What would be the best liquid to use to clean the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6 loudspeakers? I just obtained these about 1 1/2 weeks ago; absolutely gorgeous loudspeakers. I do not want to ruin them using wrong solvents.

Thanks.

Dan.

I use a product called "Gleen Green" mixed with water in a 1:10 ratio and a lint free cloth. Cloth must be damp not wet. I first dust with feather duster. Not sure if you get the Gleen Green in UK.

I use this mixture on my amps and players as well, works great in removing finger prints. I rub lightly in 1 direction to avoid scratching.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, even though some suggestions would probably not work that well for me!

I live in Perth, Western Australia, and I really should refer to the Installation Guide that came with the loudspeakers. I got them via e-bay from a hi-fi retailer in Sydney - they were an immaculate 2-month-old ex-demonstrator pair.

Dan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts