WHAT LEADS DO I NEED???/

STUMPY007

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at buying the Yamaha RXV365, just need some help hooking it up.

I have a Panasonic BD-35 blu-ray player and standard Sky+.

What cables do I need, and where do they go????

Help.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
...and you'll need lots of speaker cables.
emotion-5.gif

STUMPY007

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I believe that the amp does not support sound through HDMI, it is only a passthrough. Also can i not use a coaxial cable from the sky?

Does this effect the cabling.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
STUMPY007:
I believe that the amp does not support sound through HDMI, it is only a passthrough. Also can i not use a coaxial cable from the sky?

There is no coaxial for audio on the Sky + box - just one for an aerial. You could connect screen to amp via hdmi and then Bluray player to amp via hdmi and then S Video from Sky + box to amp with analogue (left and right) from Sky to amp for sound.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
STUMPY007:

If this is the case, don't buy it. You can get a similar priced receiver that will allow you to link to your BD player with hdmi and get HD audio.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes you'll need a Coax or Optical digital lead fro SKY+ to the amp in order to get Dolby Digital (where broadcast) a RCA phonos will only get you stereo which you'd get from the HDMI anyway.

daveh75

Gerrardasnails:STUMPY007:

There is no coaxial for audio on the Sky + box -There is an optical/toslink output though,So the OP can connect to his amp using this.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Gerrardasnails:STUMPY007:

There is no coaxial for audio on the Sky + box -There is an optical/toslink output though,

Indeed, forgot about that - yep use the optical for Dolby Digital.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts