What is your next headphone?

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site

WayneKerr

Bought my "endgame" headphones earlier this year. First impressions were wow! Now fading into I'm not so sure? Have no intention of going any further up the upgrade path and found balanced + dedicated amp didn't really add much more in my opinion.

Wasted plenty of cash over the years so I just put it down to experience. Headphones have always been very much a secondary listening source for me, much prefer speakers.

Last edited:

podknocker

I've had my Sennheiser HD600 cans over 20 years now and they still surprise me. I plug them into my new PC and the sound quality is incredible. It must be the newer sound chip, because I hear things I cannot hear when I plug them into my 9 year old Dell laptop audio jack. These cans just keep giving. If I ever buy another pair of cans, they will need to have the build and sound quality of my current pair. They will be wireless and have the latest LOSSLESS bluetooth chip/protocols, from either Qualcomm or Oppo. I think lossless BT is going to be a huge leap in quality, with headphones, phones and laptops etc. When it arrives...

WayneKerr

I've had my Sennheiser HD600 cans over 20 years now and they still surprise me. I plug them into my new PC and the sound quality is incredible. It must be the newer sound chip, because I hear things I cannot hear when I plug them into my 9 year old Dell laptop audio jack. These cans just keep giving. If I ever buy another pair of cans, they will need to have the build and sound quality of my current pair. They will be wireless and have the latest LOSSLESS bluetooth chip/protocols, from either Qualcomm or Oppo. I think lossless BT is going to be a huge leap in quality, with headphones, phones and laptops etc. When it arrives...
Your choice but I wouldn't be plugging the HD600's into a PC to hear them at their best. Doesn't your amplifier have a headphone socket?

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Has the bigger socket, so I need a decent gold plated adaptor, although my chair is too far away for the cable to reach the Omnia.
I'd definitely have to get an extension cable to the Omnia.

Nice high quality socket in a small plastic box on the skirting board with a cable, if necessary (it's not) in thin trunking along to a gold plug in the Omnia.

Completely unobtrusive (I did it).

Reactions: podknocker

Dom

So, I bought the Xinwld A97 Pro buds which cost only £18 from Amazon.
Its bottom of the barrel stuff, and to begin with they sounded awful. The bass was completely over blown and treble very esssy.

After 4 days my jaw has dropped and my mind blown. Its not on the same level as my Senn's headphones which are state of the art sound quality, but competent toe tapping sound with controlled bass.
These buds are for my phone on walks.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Its bottom of the barrel stuff, and to begin with they sounded awful. The bass was completely over blown and treble very esssy.

After 4 days my jaw has dropped and my mind blown. Its not on the same level as my Senn's headphones which are state of the art sound quality, but competent toe tapping sound with controlled bass.

You don't really need to spend too much on ear phones but really urge you to listen to these KZ PR1 PRO, the cables that come with it are really good, even so, what do cable guys do best, they upgrade the cables? So I replaced these, the same KZ but thicker strands and extra cores, these were better. Not really necessary, but I do catch people on the train staring at the shiny silver bling, they're probably thinking have you not heard of bluetooth!

View: https://youtu.be/HgmI9wvVaQs

camcroft

A few years ago What- Hi Fi reviewed the RHA 750's and gave them 3 stars after a while they reviewed them again giving them chance to (Cautiously saying ) burn in and they went straight to the 5 star spot. It just goes to show don't believe everything that you read.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
A few years ago What- Hi Fi reviewed the RHA 750's and gave them 3 stars after a while they reviewed them again giving them chance to (Cautiously saying ) burn in and they went straight to the 5 star spot. It just goes to show don't believe everything that you read.

Even so, many selling portals like Amazon look to What HiFi for Accreditation, despite their own short comings it's an inescapable fact.

1692457432494.png

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Were those MA750 or CL750s? I have both. Though the MAs became disabled because of deteriorated round-the-ear sections of the cable, I still happily use the CLs.

Gray

I tried a £9000 pair of theirs, with valve amp, some years back.
Sounded OK as I remember - though no better than I might have expected - considering that they cost 6 times as much as my (perfectly decent) Ford Sierra.

For £54,000, one person will be happy with those HE1s
For £54,000, 319 people would be happy with the Sennheisers I bought 😜

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts