what is the reason to have 5 chanels in stereo bluray?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The main reason why bluray movies have 5 (or more) channels of sound was to give people at home the chance to have high quality sound and vision the same (or better) than their local cinema.

Most (if not all) bluray players should have in the menu a way to downmix the 5.1 to stereo so if you only want to use two speakers then you should still get decent sound but not surround, for this you will need a a/v amp and three other speakers.

To answer your last question, it would cost more when mastering the discs to put more than one type of soundtrack on them so most of the main films dont bother, I do however have a few bluray films from independent film companys that have more than one surround format to chose from.

hope this helps.

*music2*

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The Magus said:
why there is not many bluray movies that have 24 bit 2 chanels sound selection? i mean i dont remember one that have it *fool*

Why dont they make cars with only 1 cylinder that go 300kmph & use 10 litres of fuel per Km? Simple because they are not friendly to the enviroment, don't have as much power & are unsofisticated basic engineering - very old hat!!!

For the same reason, TRU-HD / DTS-HD MA/ Dolby Atmos & DTS:X audio has more than 2 channels for a more cinematic true to life experience of sound. Simples
wink_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts