What is the point of a streamer?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pupazaru

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Please excuse me if I say silly things:

1. Is it correct that all the audio streamers (<1k) do not have a decent interface on TV/monitor or their own display (not including pad and smartphone apps)?

2. So one of the best no-PC solution for good UI, media formats and DAC would be something like Popcorn Hour A-400 + Audiolab M-DAC?

3. As a cheaper alternative with no video formats and UI on TV would be Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. The Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 is based on the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus? DAC that is rated a litte lower than Audiolab M-DAC.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
pupazaru said:
1. Is it correct that all the audio streamers (<1k) do not have a decent interface on TV/monitor or their own display (not including pad and smartphone apps)?

Many of them won't have a TV/monitor interface at all, Sonos, for example, only provides an interface via it's controller apps (for Android, iOS, PC and Mac), there's no option to connect to a TV or monitor. It doesn't suffer because of that though.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
pupazaru said:
Please excuse me if I say silly things:

Squeezebox touch has a perfectly useable display ( I know they have stopped making them) and mine cost £138

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts