Question What is the difference between Yamaha a-s701 and a-s701 MK2?

Well I cannot see any designated Mk2.
If the original did come out in 2015 then you could expect a significant price difference. Perhaps the DAC has been improved / upgraded?
Looks like it came out originally in 2015, there are rewiews here:-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmu7Q4XbFUs

Last edited:

gasolin

For once you don't know the difference in sound which is important

Difference in power won't make a difference since most newer model don't han more than 1 db more power and we don't know the price before of the new model before it's released

Why do you wanna know the diffrence between a current amp and the newer not released version, we asume it sounds better but don't know how much and what is better before you can buy one and compare to the current A-S701

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site

This seems to have the mk2 badge as does the, 301 and 501, they are selling

Reactions: soundsky

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The advert has mk2, but the product doesn’t seem to. Perhaps it’s a typo?

You’d think Yamaha would know and they don’t claim mk2!
I'm struggling to see any differences to be honest in specs/pictures but might not have been updated. All this range of amps really needed adding was built in bluetooth.

Yamaha still list the yba 11 Bluetooth adaptor on their website under these amps and was discontinued about 2 years ago I think so clearly accurate information not Yamaha's strong point, although technically it says connection for which I guess is still true even though you can't buy the device.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
The Yamaha UK website does not have any Mk2 version
That's not unusual, doesn't mean a mk2 isn't in the making

Loads of companies don't announce whilst clearing out old stock, also lots of shortages and complications in world at minute delaying releases

Models in this range are now 7 years old, I would say due an update, maybe we will see 302/502/702 instead of mk2

I have seen lots of pictures of kit awaiting release recently that are behind schedule

I'm struggling to see any differences to be honest in specs/pictures but might not have been updated. All this range of amps really needed adding was built in bluetooth.

Yamaha still list the yba 11 Bluetooth adaptor on their website under these amps and was discontinued about 2 years ago I think so clearly accurate information not Yamaha's strong point, although technically it says connection for which I guess is still true even though you can't buy the device.
Not too sure why anyone producing a decent amp would want to add Bluetooth as it's one of the worst forms of data transmission out there.... :cool:

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
you can always buy a Bluetooth receiver if that's your bag.
for the number of Yamaha buyers that use it perhaps they consider it not worth the additional cost, I would.
Just like some still don't fit a phono stage....
Or just do what Samsung used to do in their TVs and include it but turn it off in engineer settings as cheaper to make them all the same and charge ppl more that want the feature by changing model number only

Reactions: soundsky

TRENDING THREADS