Question What is the DAB+ CD system with good sound ?

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello I am looking for a DAB+ CD system which has good sound ?

Because last year I purchased a DAB+ CD all in one system. But when it auto scanned on start up it would not go past 99 stations, even when it scanned 100+ stations, so it would not let me choose from all the stations in my area. I returned it.

So I am looking for a DAB+ CD HIFI separate or all in one which can cope with 100+ stations when auto scanned, has good sound and has 3.5 headphones Jack.

I look forward to hearing about what system to purchase.

Yours

Farhan

Gray

Hello I am looking for a DAB+ CD system which has good sound ?
Unless this is the one you already tried Farhan, it might be the one you need:
The Tech Specs on the Richer Sounds site allow you to download a PDF of the user manual:

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Unless this is the one you already tried Farhan, it might be the one you need:
The Tech Specs on the Richer Sounds site allow you to download a PDF of the user manual:

Hello Gary
Firstly thank you for replying for suggestion, I have noticed it needs separate speakers as it does not come with speakers.

So what do think if I was to go for this system, what speakers would good to connect to it?

Also would this system have my station problem , where when I purchased an all in one system last year and when it started up it auto scanned and once it found 100+ dab+ stations it would only let me pick from 99 station and the others were not able listened too.

Yours

Farhan

Gray

I downloaded and had a quick read through the manual Farhan.
I saw no mention of how many DAB stations it stores or allows you to choose from.
(It's often the things you need to know that are overlooked by user guides).
I can only say that I would be surprised if it didn't give you access to all the stations that it scans in.

I doubt you'd find a mini system (at its price) with a much better sound.
It's sold with or without its own speakers - which are reported to be quite good - though you could always add your own choice - something like one of Dali's smallest pairs.

The unit itself is available in black or silver.
Here it is with its own speakers (and a 2 year guarantee):

Last edited:

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello I have looked at the Denon D-M41 system and it looks good.

But are any other HIFI systems I should be looking at? As I would like to have as many choices as possible before I make final decision?

Yours

Farhan

matthewpiano

The Denon DM41 is the latest in a very long line of similar systems from Denon and, like its predecessors, offers remarkable performance for the money. Paired with any of the good budget speakers available (Dali, Mission, Q Acoustics) it will work very well.

If you want a step up in sound quality and functionality, the Marantz MCR612 (Melody X) is the best way to go, but it is more than twice the price so it depends on your budget.

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello I have looked at The Denon DM41 as recommended here. However, as has been out for a few years is there something else in pipeline coming out that I should be looking at to purchase.

Furthermore, if The Denon DM41 is not going to be replaced with a newer model, what is the best deal for purchasing one with speakers either pre-Christmas or in the upcoming sales ?

I look forward the suggestions.

Yours

Farhan

matthewpiano

Nobody can safely predict what any offers are going to look like, but it is unlikely there will be much movement on the Denon. It's a popular product with hardly any direct competition and I would be very surprised if Denon replaced it in the near future.

Here's a nice package which includes the Denon with end-of-line Q Acoustics 3020 speakers and decent speaker cable:

They also have deals with a variety of other speakers including Dali Spektors and Fyne Audio F300s, and they're a good company to deal with.

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello
What type of aerial does The Denon DM41 come with ? Is it a wire .

Then can I get telescopic aerial to replace .

Also is there is difference in reception between wire and telescopic aerials?

Yours

Farhan

Reactions: matthewpiano

Gray

Hello I have seen this offer on the John Lewis website is it good value ?
As it has The Denon DM41 with speakers for £319.00

https://www.johnlewis.com/denon-d-m41dab-dab-dab-fm-cd-bluetooth-micro-system-premium-silver-black/p3280230?s_share=w_ios

Yours

Farhan
That's the one I showed you 8 posts ago, in November :)

There have actually been a few reports of operational issues from owners so you might want to do a bit of research on the latest situation with regard to reliability.
(None of the previous models seem to have had such problems, but you don't want to be buying trouble).

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
That's the one I showed you 8 posts ago, in November :)

There have actually been a few reports of operational issues from owners so you might want to do a bit of research on the latest situation with regard to reliability.
(None of the previous models seem to have had such problems, but you don't want to be buying trouble).

Hello Gray have there been problems?

As I have looked online and can’t find any problems, so where are they.

Yours

Farhan

Last edited:

Gray

Hello Gray have there been problems?
There have been one or two reports of random problems.
May be nothing to it, but can't remember any such reports on previous models:

Farhanc

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
I made my decision and purchased the Denon D-M41DAB from John Lewis on Wednesday online and noticed yesterday Thursday the price had gone up for £319.00 to £329.00.

I would like to thank the people here for their advice.

Yours

Farhan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts