What is the best way to connect SKY HD to my receiver for sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know what is the best way to connect SKY HD to my receiver? I intend to use the HDMI connection for the picture and assumed that this would also be best for sound. However, having read other threads it seems that some think an optical cable is best to produce 5.1. I would of thought HDMI could handle all this and more? Cheers for any answers!

A

Anonymous

Ok I am going to answer my own thread as I have just found the answer! Optical as the HDMI will only churn out stereo...I thought HDMI would do the job!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Michael, the optical digital does a great job for the Sky HD box. I would imagine that a coaxial would be better but Sky don't offer us that yet. When watching and listening to Ice Age 2 on Sky HD, I can't imagine the sound quality getting any better but I suppose it can and will one day soon.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both for the information!

I have been told that optical delivers the same quality as coaxial which is also stated in my amp manual (must be true!). If Sky could churn out a higher quality audio I guess we would be looking at a new box for sure which is probably years away...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts