What is the best DVD ripper?

NoraGuenin

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a show that was burned to DVD. I want to make copies of it and I have Windows Vista. What is the best DVD Ripper/Burner to use for this? Help , please.
broken_heart.gif

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Why is that not legal, i copied a show my father had done that had been converted to dvd from 8mm film. I was asked to give it to certain parties by my father, so what you are saying is that it is illegal & if so, why when he took the original 8mm camera footage? & arranged the first dvd conversion.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
NoraGuenin said:
I have a show that was burned to DVD. I want to make copies of it and I have Windows Vista. What is the best DVD Ripper/Burner to use for this? Help , please. 

I use Nero to copy discs. Probably loads of others available.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
f1only said:
Why is that not legal, i copied a show my father had done that had been converted to dvd from 8mm film. I was asked to give it to certain parties by my father, so what you are saying is that it is illegal & if so, why when he took the original 8mm camera footage? & arranged the first dvd conversion.

Pretty sure the lhc meant copyrighted DVDs. Clearly you can do anything you like with your own video so long as your video itself does not infringe someone else's copyright.

Edwardw35

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Handbrake is our favorite video encoder for a reason: it’s simple, easy to use, easy to install, and offers a wealth of tweaking options to get the best possible file as a result.

Nepheler

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I have worked with Handbrake, MakeMKV, DVDAid, DVDFab when I backup my DVD collections. Handbrake and MakeMKV are definitely easy to use with pretty good quality. And if the DVD is a commercial one, the last two works better.

TRENDING THREADS