WHAT IS IT RUNNING ON!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Iv'e a yamaha RX-V667 amp connected to skyhd 5.1 via hdmi and optical and on my amp display it says its DDPII ) (pcm) which i assume its running dolby pro logic 2. Is this the same for all sky channels? Also will this display read different when running a bluray player and PS3 fat through it all hdmi connected? Also whats the best setting the amp can produce for sound and pic?

Many thanks daz

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Some channels/programmes are transmitted in Dolby Digital, but for the rest the amp will default to whichever surround format you've chosen for non-DD material.

Make sure your Sky box is set to output Dolby D via its optical output, that your amp is set to take sound from the optical input when the HDMI input to which you have the Sky HD box connected is selected, and that the amp is set up to automatically detect surround formats.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
If you've got the correct settings selected for your bluray player and ps3, yes it will say different things on the display. You need to make your bluray player to output bitstream audio so your amp decodes the soundtrack, therefore you so get Dts Master Audio and Dolby Digital HD. AS for the ps3 i think because its the fat one you can only send a pcm output, but as you'll be using the bluray player to watch movies this shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps and sorry if any of this is incorrect!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts