What is causing this?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for looking, well my panasonic lxd700 is developing a yellow ish tint to the picture, started a day or so ago and gets much worse the longer the tv is on its 3 months old i have checked all the settings and cables which look fine should i take it back or am i doing something wrong thanks.

tom_mk

Dec 27, 2007
Visit site
I can't comment on whether you should take it back or not, but it's got to be worth contacting Panasonic Technical Support and asking their advice. It's still going to be in warranty. If that's the case, my personal opinion would be to have the whole set to be replaced, rather than have your current set repaired.

A

Anonymous

Is there a known design fault with this tv as mine also has a yellow picture that is getting worse and it seems quite a few people on here have the same fault on the same tv
emotion-6.gif

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello, there does seem to be a trend with this make / model and it has been suggested that this "yellow" look is caused by backlight bleed but it seems its a problem with this model only. Strange.

A

Anonymous

This is getting quite worrying!

I wonder what is causing this as Panasonic told me that problems with backlight bleed is very rare on this TV. Could it possibly be a bad batch?

I am getting a replacement, due to this problem, in three weeks time so will let you know whether it is okay. Hope so!

The problem is it can take quite a while to manifest although on mine there was a very small yellow cloud in the top left hand corner which has gradually become worse over the weeks.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Liz, I see you have been thinking of going for the Panasonic plasma instead, I was looking at that model in the Co-Op on Saturday and I was very impressed the picture looks far better than the lcd they had the lcd and plasma side by side I would go for that if you can there is still a few around but the 37" will get harder to get in time, I will say that I am no longer going for an lcd but will replace my tv with either a newer Panasonic crt or plasma, as for screen burn that is not so much a problem with the new models but you are best to run in a plasma with low contrast and brightness for the first 2 weeks after that use it as normal. Good luck with whatever you end up with. Just add that before you get your replacement lcd from Panasonic now is the time to ask them to swap it for the plasma and I am sure Panasonic can source one from somewhere.

A

Anonymous

Hi Colin

So sorry for not getting in touch but I will soon!

To be honest I am not sure what I am doing! I keep dithering about whether to get the Plasma instead but , in a review on Amazon, someone who had this TV said it did get screen burn and he replaced it for the the 32LXD700 which he said was a better TV!

I don't think the sound is as good on the Plasma so would need a separate sound system.

I have to say, again, that , apart from this problem, the 32LXD700 is a fantastic TV and much better than the CRT it replaced.

I think I may just get another and hope the replacement is okay. If it isn't I will then ask about getting a Plasma instead.

Liz

A

Anonymous

hi,

Just wanted to know if any of the mentioned 32inch lcd owner had realized the shadow line available along the right side of the screen, it's really bothering me and don't know if it's a defected set or it's something common, i already changed my first unit for this reason but i still have the same issue, the line is greyish and is very close to the fram, will appreciate your help, tks

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Hello Liz, I did think they had sorted the screen burn issue with plasma's, you are right about the sound it would not be as good on the plasma as the lxd700, the sound from the plasma would be the same you get from any normal tv, just out of interest what tv did you have before your lcd?

dryan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
I do wonder if Panasonic have a problem with this particular model of TV as i have been trying to get hold of this particular TV for months.... the furthest i got was ordering it only to be told it was out of stock... and it's been out of stock at Panasonic for a while now, so perhaps they are not delivering to retailers for fear of having to replace a large number of screens. So what stock they do have are being used to replace the sets we are I've reading about on this forum!

I've tried emailing them with no reponse as of yet..... perhaps What Hi-Fi could look into this further
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

u didn't mention when u see the line...and its thickness.post some details

A

Anonymous

I can see this on light backgrounds.

Not sure whether it is a fault?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="kitkat"]Hello Liz, I did think they had sorted the screen burn issue with plasma's, you are right about the sound it would not be as good on the plasma as the lxd700, the sound from the plasma would be the same you get from any normal tv, just out of interest what tv did you have before your lcd?[/quote]

Hi Colin

The other thing putting me off Plasma is the glass screen as my TV is situated near a window and so will suffer from glare and reflections. Don't want to see myself on telly!lol

I had a Philips 28"CRT before I got the LCD.

I was having a good think about it and have decided that ,as long as the replacment I get is okay, then I will just stay with the 32LXD700 for the forseeable future as the picture quality is stunning and the sound is really good to.

Speak soon!

Liz

cabster22

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
I recently had my LXD700 replaced as there was very bad bleeding in the left hand corner similar to a white/grey cloud which was very annoying when watching films with dark scenes as it stands right out and distracts both my eyes and mind from what is happing in the movie. So I got it replace with a new LXD700 it was much better than the last TV but I could still see some bleeding but was far less noticeable. But a week later and it is pretty much as bad as it was before not happy and its in the same corner very strange. As reading bellow i think even though this TV produces amazing pictures & sound there are however a few problems with it maybe that's why it is very hard to find somewhere that has it in stock as Panasonic them self don't have. I think Panasonic were aware of the problems and that fact that what hi-fi gave the TV 5 stars and a cracking review it seams to me that Panasonic got the heebie geebies that everyone will want to go buy one and they have been restricting stock just in time for there new range of LCD's & Plasmas to come out for 2008.

A

Anonymous

it meanly happens with bright scenes,also the left upper corner of the screen is darker with the same scens, in general i can see that there a bad light distrbution problem in this tv although the picture and sound are still very good, i heard that the new samsung full HD series will be released this month, and if it worth to change i will.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts