What is a large room or small room?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I love reading the info in reviews, articulate, well layed out, and informative, however, my little grey matter struggles as it does being male with size..(lol) for example what is a small room, in feet please, medium or large. the room i am looking at upgrading is14ft by 22ft.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]My lounge is about 20ft by 28ft and I would call that a average size room.[/quote]

Jeez, where do YOU live? Nowhere near London methinks!

In my opinion, a small room would be from an average 3 bed semi with seperate lounge and dining room and would be about 15ft x 12 ft.

A medium room would be from a 3/4 bed detached house with combined lounge/diner or that extra reception room. This would be around 25ft x 15ft.

I would consider any room with the minimum dimension of 20ft to be a large room.

For your info, my last 2 bed semi had a total house footprint area of under 20ft x 28ft!!

ANY ESTATE AGENTS HERE WILLING TO ADMIT IT? Give us a guideline.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Agreed Oldskool. DJ Krime, you should take a look at some flats London. Your room is big my friend. My lounge is 18ft x 12ft and is bigger than the average separate lounge in my area - that would be circa 15ft x 11ft.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Sorry lads but the Krimester don't do flats as I would get evicted for excessive volume levels when watching movies. So I live just outside London in Surrey in a normal 3 bed house.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I too live in Surrey - Purley. Unless your room is the dining room as well as the lounge, it's a big one for around here! Give me an idea where you live and I will see if I can find a booming house when I drive by!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Reigate/Redhill, its just a average size house for the location. I suppose you just get used to what you have size wise but its not a through lounge jobbie.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, as once was said of Vic Reeves, I wouldn't let it lie. This is a 7 bed house in Fulham up for sale for a cool £3m. It's a lovely big house. There is a cinema room a fair bit smaller than the Krimester's pad and the other reception rooms are again a fair bit smaller. I wasn't going mad. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-15894311.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

A

Anonymous

[quote user="D.J.KRIME"] I suppose you just get used to what you have size wise.[/quote]

My girlfriends philosophy also!

I am in Surrey too. Camberley actually and the lounge on my 4 bed detached is 28 x 12/18 "L" shaped but used to be the lounge/diner. I suspect the reigate/redhill houses are pre 1940's then?

John Duncan

emotion-8.gif

Have I stumbled upon Relocation Relocation?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Old one, moved since then, new one is a bit wider and longer. I am a property developer and tend to move every year or so especially when I find a house thats cheap!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts