What interconnects should I get?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I wouldn't waste my time, they obviously haven't tried it them selves.
They could still be using Bell wire speaker cable for all we know!

There loss, not yours.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Im well aware Trev'

Im just trying to get Tar' to admit hes never actually tried it himself and so doesnt REALLY know what hes talking about
emotion-5.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:
Tarquinh:Silver needs NO TIME AT ALL to run in. Running in is a myth.

Evidence? Or just speculation?

Another myth is that Chord Chameleon Silver Plus, "being silver" is a bright sounding interconnect. Absolutely not. It's a very neutral cable and for £88 for 0.5m (you will find cheaper on ebay probably too), it's well worth a punt. Interestingly enough (as these cables have all been mentioned), I went from Van den Hul the Name to Chord Cobra (not a great deal of difference) and then to Chameleon Silver Plus - decent step up and now have cables that I know are better than my set up suggests (I got them for good prices) and again I noticed a decent step up.

A

Anonymous

You're probably not as sensitive to "bright" sounding systems.

I've listened to MA RS6s with the Chord Chameleons and Cyrus 8VS2 and found it almost unbearable. I've also owned Chord Oddy 2 cable and had to replace it as also found it too bright.

Its clearly all just a matter of personal taste. I would see most of the components in your setup to be on the bright side yet you do not.

A

Anonymous

Cyrus/Chameleon Silver Plus/RS6 is probably quite a bright combination due to RS6's metal tweeters. I say probably because I have not listened to that combo, but my Pre VS2/X power, Silver Plus, Oddy 4, Spendors combo does not sound bright to my ears probably because Spendors are quite neutral, has fabric tweeter and a little more laid back than RS6. System matching is important for each individual listener.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts